23.

"Someday, I will have shed my skin so many times, it will be as if you never touched me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's POV 

Gently Damon laid me down on my bed, in our dorm. Luna was looking at us with a blank expression. She had no idea what was going on. But she could see the tears coming down my cheeks.

"You're still wearing it," Damon commented once he saw the promise ring he gave me on my finger.

I didn't say anything. 

"What's wrong?" Luna questioned. 

Damon walked next to her and leaned over to her ear, "Her f-father uh- he- died." he whispered. Thinking I couldn't hear them.

Luna slowly walked towards me and sat beside me. "Katherine-" she brushed her fingers through my hair, "I'm so sorry." she genuinely meant it. 

I said nothing. 
I just cried.
And cried.
And cried. 

Luna laid down beside me and held me in between her arms. I probably made her shirt soaked. Damon left the room, it was late at night and he didn't want to make us uncomfortable. 

I felt Luna slowly drifted to sleep due to her heartbeat getting slower. But I couldn't sleep. I just couldn't. I slowly stood up from the bed, not trying to wake her up, and grabbed a blood bag. 

I couldn't drink it.

I didn't want to.

So I slowly put it back and cried more. 

What if I haven't met Draco? Would my dad still be alive?
Was it really his fault?

Was he being honest?

I sat right in front of the window and watched the sunrise. It was finally morning and I haven't gotten a minute of sleep.

A kind knock was heard from the door. Once it was open, Damon entered.

"Good morning." he said sitting down next to me, "Well- not really a good morning but I can't say bad morning." he gave out a nervous smile once he noticed I was still not in the mood to joke.

"Katherine," he cupped my chin with his hands and turned it towards him, "You'll get through this." He then brushed his thumb on my cheek while wiping away my tears. 

"Can you bring me to Mystic Falls?" I asked, "I need to see my mom."

"Sure." he agreed. "After breakfast, alright?"

"Damon- I don't want to eat."

"Fine. Fine- I'll go talk with the teachers and we'll get you out of here." he stood up and left the room. When I looked back, Luna was awake. 

"You didn't sleep, did you?" she asked.

"No."

"Have fun with your mother. I'll take care of here when you're gone."

"Thank you, Luna."