Trip to the capital

Y/n 

I was sitting next to a tree waiting for Rifana to wake up. I had already put away all the stuff that I had used last night, the only thing left out is the blanket on top of Rifana and another cloak that I had taken out of my inventory. After seeing the clothing that she currently had on, I figured it would be better to have her wear something else, and since she is supposed to be dead it is better to have her hide her features. When she woke up she looked around, panicking a bit. I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder "hey, calm down. You're safe" She she looked at me and then hugged me tightly, crying. "what's wrong?" She hugged tighter "it w-wasn't a dream..." I looked at her "no, this is about as real as it can get. So why are you crying?" She spoke, not removing her face from my chest "I-I'm free from there... you are treating me so nicely, but the others...." I moved my hand to the top of her head "it's gonna be okay, once we are stronger we are going to come back for them. and free all of them." She mumbled "not all of them....." I frowned "We will save whoever we can, but right now we need to become stronger so that we will be able to." She looked up at me "What about Raphtalia" "is she the raccoon girl that was taken away from there yesterday?" She nodded and I sighed "well, apparently they were taking her to a slaver in the capital, so when we head there we can see about saving her" She hugged me tightly again. "okay.." 

I grabbed the cloak and put it on top of her head "put that on" She let go of me and looked at the cloak "why?" "well, it's better than the rags that you are wearing at the moment, and you are supposed to be dead so it would cause a problem if you were suddenly alive again." she nodded and put on the cloak, pulling the hood over her head I looked at her and nodded "perfect, how does it feel?" she pokes the sleeves on it "it is soft and comfy..." "yeah, but it doesn't offer much protection so I'm gonna need to get you some armor to wear under it. I might even give you a mask to wear in public so no one can see your face." She nodded slowly "okay.." I picked up the blanket and stored in back in my inventory, looking over at her "we need to start training you to become stronger so I'm gonna give you a dagger to use for hunting." "b-but.." "if you can't fight then I wont be able to help you save your friends." she looked down to the ground and nodded. I created a knife in my inventory and it was immediately ejected from the gem on my bracelet with a message appearing in front of me [The user of the cursed chain can not use any non cursed weapons].  "pick that up and lets get going." She picked up the sheathed dagger and put it on her side. "wh-where are we going?" "first we are going to level you up a little, then we are going to start traveling along the road to the capital." She nodded and followed me as I walked deeper into the forest. 

We walked around the forest for a while, hunting monsters to raise up Rifana's level. At first she was hesitant on attacking the monsters that I trapped with my chain, but eventually she was able to attack without hesitation. However, she was still having trouble with killing animal monsters. She was scared of it, not liking blood or the thought of taking lives. After she had made it to level 7 we stopped to take a break nearby a river. I let her use the water to wash off the blood from her clothes and weapons, giving her a fresh set of clothes. She had cleaned her cloak but didn't put on the new clothes yet when there was a loud growl in the bushes nearby. I looked over as a bear monster came out, it was heavily injured and very angry. Rifana got scared as she held her dagger in her hand, the bear turning it's attention to her. Rifana shook as the bear started walking towards her, but before it could get to close I used my chain to restrain it, causing it to fall down to the ground in front of her. I held the chains tightly as the bear struggled against the bindings, the bear was strong so I couldn't hold it for long "Rifana! you need to kill it!" She still shook, starting to cry "I-I can't!" I held my chains tighter as the bear started to drag me slightly. "You have to! If you don't kill it then it will kill us!" She didn't move from where she was standing, staring into the eyes of the bear while she cried.