Melty

Y/n's pov

I woke up on a bed with a bandage wrapped around my arm. I sat up slowly and saw Filo sleeping in a chair with her head near my lap. I gently pet her head, thinking about what had happened. I had lost control to one of those voices in my head, then as I fought back, something caused my body to freeze up and then I passed out. I don't remember what happened to freeze my body, but whatever did it saved me from the voices. I looked around the room as I kept petting Filo. It was one of rooms from the village clinic, so that means we are finished with the dragon corpse. I gently shook Filo to wake her up, causing her to look at me "ah! Y/n!" she hugged me tightly "You're awake!" Soon the door was opened by Naofumi, who walked in and looked at me. "Filo, I need you to step out of the room for a bit" Filo pouted but agreed to it, leaving the room. Naofumi closed the door once she left and then glared at me "who are you really Y/n." I looked at him as he continued speaking "I thought that you were some adventurer with a strange weapon. but those skills you use, and the fact that your chains can't be removed. You aren't a normal person" I sighed and shook my head "when I put my ring on you, did you read it's name?" he nodded "Cursed One's ring. The ring negates the negative side of curse and sin series skills." I nodded "yeah... I made that ring a few days ago. It ended up helping me more than I expected it to." "so you are the 'Cursed one' " I nodded again and sighed "I was cursed by the calamity. My chains became the cursed chains. The ring keeps me from losing control to the curses." Naofumi kept glaring still "how can I trust you" I shook my head "there is no way I can make you trust me. But, If you are going to want me to leave the party I have some requests." Naofumi sighed "what" "I want to stay in the party until after the next wave." "fine, anything else" I nodded and we began discussing.

later

Our group is heading down a path after fighting off the monsters from the mountain. Rifana and Raphtalia were walking next to each other and Naofumi kept Filo next to him with me away from the group a bit. Raphtalia asks Naofumi a question "We are ending the trading trip?" Naofumi nodded "we need to get back to the capital to get good enough holy water to heal Y/n's curse. and we need to prepare for the next wave" Raphtalia nodded and then noticed something "hey, somethings going on over there." we looked over and saw a bunch of Filolial sounding a girl with blue hair. Filo stared at the filolial "They look yummy" Naofumi looked at her "those are your own species" The filolial noticed us and ran off, leaving the girl alone there. She looked over at us before focusing on Filo "its so big!" she walks closer to Filo and stares at her "are you a filolial?" Filo tilted her head "you mean me?" The girl got more excited "You can talk too! I've always dreamed of talking with a filolial!" Filo seemed shocked at the girl's reaction. The girl reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of dried meat "here, a gift for you, it's dry meat" Filo happily accepted the meat and the girl carefully touches Filo's feathers and smiles. Naofumi and Raphtalia talked quietly while the girl spoke with Filo. "what's your name?" "Filo" "Filo-chan? I'm Melty" Filo smiled and closed her eyes "Mel-chan, then" the girl seemed more happy to receive a nickname "Sure! Oh, I know. want some more?" the girl, Melty, pulled more dried meat out of her pocket and fed Filo. 

I watched the girl, recognizing some of her features. She definitely looked similar to the princess at the capital, but she seemed more civil than that princess. I kept quiet about that for now, deciding to question her later. Naofumi calls out to Filo "Filo... we still have work to do in the village. In the meantime, you can play with that girl" Filo looks at her "You mean it!" Melty looks over as well "Really?" Filo jumps up in excitement, transforming into her human form in mid air. "Wow! you can transform too" "yup" "So amazing!" I sighed and watched them. Filo looked over at Naofumi again "Master, can I play some more with Mel-chan?" Naofumi responded "just be back by sunset..." Filo nodded and got up as Naofumi called out again "Don't go too far, you hear me?" "'kay!" I shook my head and looked at Naofumi "I will keep watch of them" Naofumi looked at me and nodded, walking away. Rifana looks at me "master..." "go with him Rifana, he might need help at the village, I will be fine here" She nodded slowly and left with Naofumi.