Curses and a New Comrade

Y/n's pov 

Me Raphtalia and Rifana are sitting in the wagon, waiting for Naofumi to come back. Naofumi had left on Filo to help some guy get medicine to his mother. Since the wagon slows Filo down, they left without it in order to get there faster. Raphtalia was staring at Rifana, who was laying her head in my lap. I was gently petting Rifana's ears, while staring out the back of the wagon to make sure no one was approaching. Raphtalia let out a sigh and spoke up "so.....how did you save Rifana?" I looked over at her "oh, do you want the short version or the long version?" Raphtalia stares at her "I want to know everything" I nodded and looked down at Rifana "well, I'll start with how I found her. I had woken up in a forest after the first wave, and I needed to find somewhere to go. I saw a large group of soldiers transporting demihumans and I followed it. It lead me into the city but I wasn't able to follow it all the way to the mansion." Raphtalia stares at me "you saw them kidnapping us and you didn't do anything!" I stared at her "I had no armor, I woke up in a place that I have no memory of, and I was alone. what was I supposed to do, go attack the heavily armored soldiers and get myself killed?" Raphtalia frowned and looked down "sorry..." I sighed "I understand your anger. If you hate me for not doing anything then you can punish me how you see fit." Raphtalia looked at me, her fists clenched. "continue your story...." I nodded "I stayed around the area, learning whatever I could from a local library. Once I had enough information I managed to sneak into the mansion and found a hiding spot that allowed me to view the entire area." I stayed there for a few days, looking for where they were keeping all the demihumans. I managed to locate it when they were transferring you out to the slaver. Since a lot of the guards left to escort the wagon, I used the chance to sneak into the basement. I didn't have enough to break everyone out so I would have to take someone that wouldn't be noticed. That's when I heard Rifana coughing in her cell. She looked like she could die at any moment, so I used some stuff I had to make a replica of her body to act as a corpse. I took Rifana out of there and used herbs from the forest to help cure her illness." 

Raphtalia nodded and looked at Rifana "does she still have a slave crest?...." I nodded "yes, however I made her my slave instead of the noble that imprisoned you." Raphtalia stood up "why didn't you just get it removed" I sighed and looked at Rifana "I couldn't. I don't have the stuff to do that." Raphtalia stood in front of me, her fist clenched still "and the way she fought in the wave....... did you make her fight for you?" I looked up at Raphtalia "I trained her how to fight." Raphtalia punched me hard across the side of my head" Rifana felt the movement and sat up quickly. I sighed and looked at Raphtalia "Lets get out of the wagon first." Raphtalia glared at me but agreed, getting out the back of the wagon. Rifana grabbed my arm "what's going on?" I pat her head "just stay in the wagon for now." she frowns and let go. I got out of the wagon and stood a few feet away from her. Raphtalia was still glaring at me. I sighed and shook my head "Do what you want. I trained Rifana to fight so that she could help me. I don't regret that" Raphtalia punched me again, knocking me back slightly. I stood up straight and looked at her "come on, if you are angry then actually hit me!" She charged at me and kicked me down to the ground, punching me over and over. She was stopped when arms wrapped around her. "Raphtalia...stop it" 

Raphtalia looked behind her at Rifana, who was crying and holding onto her "Rifana......." I laid there, staring up at the sky "if you are done with your anger, can you get off me, this position is kind of awkward" Raphtalia was sitting on my stomach with Rifana hugging her from behind on her knees. Raphtalia quickly got off after realizing the position and Rifana checked my face for injuries. Raphtalia frowned "Rifana....why did you stop me" Rifana looked at her "He hasn't done anything wrong" Raphtalia stares at her "he made you fight for him and he made you his slave instead of removing the mark." Rifana shook her head "He has been training me every day to help me get stronger so we can save everyone from the village one day...." Raphtalia stared at her "but you are his slave" Rifana nodded "He changed the curse so that no one else would be able to control me. He has never used the mark on me even if I didn't listen to him. He gave me food every day, he gave me clothes, and he always makes sure I have what I need and want. He isn't a bad person." Raphtalia looked at me as I sat up "no, I am a bad person. I'm just not scum who would take advantage of another living being."