36. A Hope

Sara's POV

“You are fucking pregnant.”

These were the last words, I heard from the father of my child. Anyone could tell, he's not happy about it. But I remember, the last reaction of him when he received the pregnancy news of Nancy Smith. Although, it was later discovered that she tried to trap him as she wanted Eli.

Eli is cute. She's talkative. Anyone woman will want a daughter who talk a lot... Their sweet words would be annoying but will help to relieve from the tension of life. My child would be lucky to have her as the elder sister. Every Rogers sibling will love my baby.

I locked myself in the room, in the scepticism of worse. Valerio must be surprised to learn about my pregnancy. It was unplanned, and he might not be prepared to become a father again, but he will love this child as he loved Eli and other children of Mark.

Eating is another issue for me. I can't consume knowing that all the meal provide in the mansion by the old Thomas, is drugged. I will not take chances with my child and I can not imagine what I will do if I lose this child.

“I know you are not sleeping.” I heard Valerio approaching me. Opening my eyes, I see the father of my child. The man I love, the man who gave me hope for the future and the man who broke my heart.

“You had dinner?” I asked ignoring the other question in my mind. I wanted to ask him all the questions of my universe but this question was most important among all.

He nodded, answering me and placed the bottle of bourbon and the glass in the middle of the tea table. Walking towards me, he took off his blazer and sat on the floor In front of me. I could see his dilated eyes. He is not himself again and this implies that my every step has to be calculated from now.

“You must be tired.” I joined him on the floor while his dilated brown eyes, followed my moves.

“I am very tired.” His husky voice delivered his message. And I was relieved, that he desires me even though he doesn't love me. I can spoil him for other women... Maybe I can make him love me. But all this is my 'maybe'.

“Do you need help?” I asked opening the buttons of his shirt. Despite his hit, torture, I am about to have a child with him. We have to make amends with each other.

“Yes, I need your help.” His deep voice invited me. But my intuition said that he means something else.

Gently cupping his stubble beard, I kissed him. I halted, to see the reason of not getting my kiss back. I found his dilated expressionless eyes staring at me.

“I am sorry.” Apologizing to him, I crawled away to create distance between us, but he pulled me to his lap and pour his powerful kiss.

This could be our heaven.

Kissing him back, I took off his shirt and unzipped his pants. While he took off my t-shirt. We were at the verge of making love when he resisted me.

“What happened?” I inquired.

“You are carrying a bastard.” His accusations broke my heart, my dream of future. He called our child a bastard.

“MY child is not a bastard.” I pushed him on the floor. I knew this is destructive, but I was too courageous to think about the outcome. The only bastard present in the room is Valerio Rossi.

“You are a whore.” Valerio laughed and sat to look at me. He looks amused. “The only difference is you were paid before, and now, you provide free service to me.”

“I was forced....” I was on the edge of tears. He knows what I went through still he is humiliating me. I feel offended.

“You are a good bed warmer..... I am thinking about you in our whore house.” He walked to drink his bourbon.

“I am leaving tomorrow morning,” I announced and wore my t-shirt. This is my decision. I don't think we can be a normal couple ever. “If you want to meet the child... I'll be in my OWN house. Home.”

“You think, I'll let you leave with the bastard inside you.” He said, and I realized the heights of his insanity. He doesn't want the child, calls his child a bastard but is not willing to let me go. What he wants?

“What do you want?” I asked but he kept laughing like a maniac. “I can leave and will never show you my face. You can live your life like you used to. Neither I'll interrupt not my child will ever ask for you.” I suggested.

“So that after my death... Your bastard can threaten my princess. I don't want any problem for Eli or my Beth.” He stepped towards me like a hunter walks toward its prey.

“No one will know... This will be between you and me.” I promised to stop him, but he didn't stop.

Taking two steps back along with his every one step towards me, I settled on the bed. He is not happy with anything. But I offered him the best. I promised him a secrecy.

“Abort your bastard.” He ordered.

“I will not…” I slapped him. “I already lost my 5 children... This baby is inside me and I will decide what I'll do with this baby.”

My answer was not new to him. He must have expected this. Leaving me on the bed, he walked to his blazer and took out a pill. I could predict how actions and crawled away. 

“I will not consume this,” I screamed and run to the bathroom, but he was faster. He caught me and shoved the pill inside my mouth. I was determined to save my baby, so shutting my mouth was a better option.

Throwing me on the floor, he sat on the back while I covered my stomach with the help of my arms from the pressure. Even after my resistance, he was determined. He covered my nose, and I was forced to open my mouth to breathe.

That's when he shoved the abortion pills inside my mouth.

We stayed in the same position until my screams filled the room. I remembered the pain.

“This will hurt a little.” He cooed and left me on the floor to enjoy his drink.

I was bleeding. I tried to stop but the rushing of blood didn't stop. Not only that, but I even crawled to the door, but it was locked.

“Hold on, baby,” I murmured to calm myself. “Valerio. We will never meet. I'll leave the country. Please save my baby.”

Dismissing me, he looked relaxed and enjoyed his drink.

I cried and cried. But he didn't listen to me. Nothing worked to wake the father inside him.

Finally, I gave up and hummed the lullaby that Ma used to sing for us to make sure my baby at least have a peaceful sleep.

“Baby, your papa will love you in the next life.” I tried to assure my dying baby inside me. A fetus.