33. Worthless Confession

Sara's POV

I was afraid that what would happen to me but my surprise, that man set me free. He said he brought me as his employee, and I am free. I can pay him back by working for him in low wages. I can imagine him giving me a lot of inhumane jobs but at least, I could live freely.

Even I can quit, only I have to pay him back which I can in my whole life. That man said he is not interested in money. He wanted to help me.

His name is Mark Rogers.

My routine is fixed. I have to get before sunrise followed by morning exercise with intense training then class the whole day and at last, I have will be assigned to a job.

That was the first time, I met a human. Genuine human. Mark paid for my education and treatment, even he paid me for my jobs. I lived a dignified life. Then I got married to Shawn.

I was happy until I found Shawn was working for Rossi. Once I was assigned to Abigail. It was the occasion of Synn's birthday. Abigail was uncomfortable with around men, so I worked as her companion for a few months.

Abigail looked the opposite to her nature. Her look is deceiving. That silky dark blonde hair like Savannah, and her curvy figure make her look like a rich bitch but she's not. She always used to talk about Mark. How they spent their whole childhood together and how they were just experimenting when she fell pregnant with Savannah.

She speaks a lot about the days that she spent with Mark and Savannah. She dreamt of getting married to him. He was her world and her every decision revolved around him. But one drunk night during her working hours, destroyed her Dreamlife. She fell pregnant with Leonard Rossi's child and was forced to leave her love and daughter till delivery.

Surprisingly, after delivery, Mark asked her to return to Rossi to the care of her child, Synn. Sarah Rossi was furious but she took Synn. Abigail was alone but Rossi paid for her education, have her job, home and meeting hours with Synn. That's all she got after sacrificing for everybody.

Not only Sarah Rossi but Elizabeth Rogers is jealous of her. Abigail have Leonard Rossi his youngest child and Mark got his first child from her. I did felt bad for Abigail Evans but not now any more.

Last week, she met me with an escape plan. She knew what Valerio is doing to me. But I took the map and asked her to leave. I wanted to confront her but something was off about her. She looked tense, so I just took the map and thanked her.

I tried to run away but Valerio caught me and broke my ankle. Miles protested, and I am not aware of his condition.

“You need to eat.” Valerio pushed a food trolley and sat in front of me.

“I want to leave.” I notified him about my demand. I knew, he wouldn't let me leave as he wants to teach me a lesson for trying to replace his Beth.

Furthermore, I was heartbroken to learn that Valerio Rossi is still stuck with Elizabeth Rogers, his Beth. Not only that, but I was in the illusion that he must have moved on, but I was so wrong. How could Beth stay with the man who raped her publicly to get a Rossi from her?

Beth was 18 years old at that time, unaware of the Mafia world who tried to help Katelyn Anderson but instead, helped the rival of Rossi, Andrew Schmidt. It was Antonio who slept with Andrew's sister, Amaya. Andrew was obsessed with the idea of the purity of his bloodline and planned to get married to his sister and have children with her.

It is disgusting.

Mark opposed this sucking idea of his half brother, Andrew and left the efforts to amend with his father's family, the Schmidt. Later the secret keeper regretted.

The news of Amaya and Antonio made Andrew losses his mind and wanted revenge. Andrew kidnapped Ava and renamed her Suri to train her to be a prostitute. In this whole event, Elizabeth Bell was the victim who was punished for nothing. Mark saved her only to imprison her with him. While Valerio fell on love with Beth as she gave him Elizabeth Rossi, Eli.

Beth chooses to stay with her husband and love of her life, Mark Roger-Schmidt and became the owner of Beth foundation, Schmidt food chain and Rogers security firm. Now, she's everything any woman could ask for. She has 6 children, a loving- dedicated husband and owns renowned firms and companies. Even she's pregnant with the 7th child. She has moved on, forgiving everyone. But Valerio is stuck with the Elizabeth.

Valerio Rossi has accepted that his Beth is married to Mark Rogers, but he still believes the loves Beth, and she will be back to him.

“You will leave as soon as I am done with you.” Valerio roared and pour the hot food on my lap.

“I don't want to replace her... I just wanted my place in your heart.” I screamed confessing my feeling to him for the nth time.

“No one can replace her.” He grabbed my arms pulling me close.

I could see his dilated eyes due to our proximity which means he had his dinner. The other reason for not wanting to consume food from his mansion is that it feels numb after meal.

One thing was I confirmed that someone is drugging his through food and water. This is the reason he avoids having a meal and eats only when I used to cook. So the conclusion is his butler, old Thomas is drugging him for a years.

But why?

I should have observed his behaviour. Even Amber and Denise doesn't like him. Even Sylvia glared at him when I came to take her away when Valerio almost hurt her.

Valerio forcefully shoved juice in my mouth and I had to consume the drink. Soon, I was floating in my dream whilst he cuffed my hands on the bedpost.

I see his taking his belt off and hit me. Even I whimpered a little in pain, but I was senseless to react. I felt his hands-on my broken ankle, him inside me, but I was too weak to push him or call for help.

“I loved you once... For a while.” I confessed again before closing my eyes. But he didn't stop. He continued to attack me, breaking my heart each time.