31. Unearthing the actuality

Dedicated to Ashly_Tress

Sara's POV

“Do you trust me?” Shawn asked hugging me. I have noticed something is bothering him. He is worried about something that he desperately wants to share with me. Every time the phone rings, he looks uneasy. I asked him many times, but he says once things are fine he would take me to see everything that is worrying him.

“Of course..... I will never doubt at you. But my pregnancy hormones. Just tolerant this situation then I promise I'll make up to you.” I kissed his biceps which were encircling me like a protective layer.

“What if someone close to betray us? Isn't this wrong?”

“Wrong? Betrayal?” I smiled. “There is no such thing..... My life taught me nothing is wrong, it is a matter of perception. It's not a necessity that what we do is acceptable by everybody...” I explained him. “If I had been in the training lounge and no would have bought me, and I was ordered to kill anybody I would have done that... That's could have been right for me but what about the family of the target- it is wrong to them.” I kissed him to calm his anxiety. “The only right thing is your self-satisfaction, If you are satisfied and nothing else matters. It could be wrong. Eh..... Maybe short-lived but life is too short to think about right and wrong. Sometimes, It is okay to be selfish.”

Nodding, he grinned and looked relieved. He hugged me tight and spin us. It has been long that he looked so light-hearted. We were born and grew in the mafia. We know about it being wrong. Unethical. Illegal. Outlawed. Yet we do our job here because this is our life.

I know, Karma eventually come to us. But I want to be happy for the time being. So that I could be delighted while recollecting my memories in a worse time.

“Trust me, everything will be fine,” Shawn assured me.

“You mumbled a lot while sleep.” I heard Valerio. Feeling his fingers on my jaw was more like tickling rather than seducing me. I giggled and snuggled closer to his chest. But he continued to touch my neck.

“What I said?” I asked.

“Mmm-hmmm akkhhb” He chuckled.

Hitting him, I pouted, but he didn't stop. Finally, I rolled over him to sit on his stomach and grabbed his jaw. My actions aroused him and his eyes darkened. He licked his lips to convey the message, that he wants to be kissed.

“Good morning,” I smirked and run to the bathroom for morning business while holding his sweatshirt. I heard him laughing which implies his good mood today.

“Principessa ... È ora di pranzo.” He called me.
(Princess... It's lunchtime)

We were having our lunch when I realized that his unusual behaviour. I like his food. He is a good cook. He would my chef but the problem is what he would do when I would leave after one year.

“Something is bothering you.” I feed him. “Is it Mark?”

“Si....” He took a bite from the spoon and tighten his grip around my waist. “I mean... I want to meet my children.”
(yes)

“So what is stopping you?” I kissed his jaw and feed him again.

“You said last time... What if I hit them?”

“We will be around......” I assured him. “How did you manage Eli without anyone for years?”

“It was hard...” He beamed recollecting his memories. “I used to take my Eli everywhere with me... Showing off everyone my daughter. My little redhead. I only left her for the meeting. It was hard to manage without Beth. That's when Nancy Smith entered... It was hard to control myself when Eli used to cry out loud. But I miss her now... ”

“How about we call her here?” I offered. “I'll be around. Miles, Savannah... Everyone. Trust me.”

“I want little Sylvia and Mac.” He grinned.

“And Suri... Maybe Evie.”

“All of them.” He pecked my lips. “Rogers loves them... I want them to know that I love them as well.”

“They know... You love them.” I kissed him. “They all call you papa. All the kids know their papa loves them so much.”

“Except Abi... He is junior Rogers.” He laughed.

“Aren't you jealous of him?” I asked. “Mark.”

“No... I am not jealous of him. But I want to kill that bastard.” He smirked. “Beth deserves that army of little humans. She went through a lot. I just don't like the fact that he never considered her opinion, if she wants to stay with or not.”

“He'll come around. Knowing everyone secret, past, present had made him a little dominant... The real secret keeper was August. He filtered all the information before reaching to Mark. Now that there is no one, so Mark feels powerful. But soon, he'll learn to control this.”

“He treats Beth like a queen.” I could hear the disappointment in his voice. He feels guilty about what happened to Beth... What he did to Beth.

I need to tell him.

“You are normal.” I blurt out. I knew if I would ask for permission or his time for important conversation he could delay our conversation.

“What?” He was taken aback. Confused, he pulled me close reducing the little distance left.

“You are fine. You don't have bipolar neither you were sex addict. No other mental disorder... YOU. ARE. FINE.” I informed him.

“I have been with this issue from the past 15 years... I know what a normal person feels and I. DON'T. FEEL. NORMAL.” He boomed and slapped me.

I wasn't prepared for this reaction. I imagined him, being happy about the news. But, this is just the opposite.

“Someone is drugging you... You don't feel good because of the absence of the supply of the drug.” I yelled.

“And why would anybody drug me?” He raised his eyebrows.

“You are a mafia prince... You have enemies even before you were born...”

“And you think, they will be able to enter just to drug me... This is insane. Why would anybody will drug me when they can easily kill me?”

“Because they don't want you dead. Dammit. Use your brain. They want you alive. That's why they are drugging you instead of killing you.”

“That's my question... If they can kill me then why to drug me?” He hit me again and held my neck to choke me.

“Maybe they are close to you,” I whispered and Valerio stopped. I don't know why I said that but my point could be valid because as soon as he heard those words, he stopped choking me.

He knows something.

He knows I am right.

Maybe this is all a setup.

Maybe this is his close one doing to him, they love him too much to kill him but they love their secret more, that they are ready to ruin his life.

“What did you say?” He asked grabbing my neck.

I whimpered in pain. “You are alive, yet you do not act normal. They want you alive... In any condition.” I cried. “Just not normal.”

“I'll kill him.” Valerio roared.

Him???

Valerio knows that person who is ready to ruin his life.