Platonic!IronIslander!Reader - Team

Start from the beginning

Seven Hells, you rolled your eyes so hard that you feared for a moment that they would fall from your skull. "Why would I want a husband that has to be convinced into even considering me?" 

"Because otherwise you'll end up married to someone like Theon," Robb bit back, watching as your face scrunched up in horror. 

"Gods, what a fate," you yelped, poking out your tongue in mock disgust as Theon reached around you to punch Robb in the arm. 

You let out a sharp peel of laughter at their antics, shaking your head slightly. There would come a time when the three of you would have to go your separate ways, but for now you were a team, and there was no coming between you. 

"I'll have you know I would make a fantastic husband," Theon muttered, causing another laugh to break out of you. 

"You'd make a very unfaithful husband," you corrected. "You practically keep the brothels running all by yourself." 

Robb was still chuckling behind you, but Theon was attempting to look serious. "I'll have you know, those women make very good company."

"They're good company because you pay them to be, Sweetness," you murmured, patting his knee lightly.

"Bitch," he grumbled under his breath.

"Manwhore," you uttered back, offering him a small smile when he glanced up in horror. 

*Time Skip*

Perhaps if Winterfell had remained as it was before Lord Stark left, you would have continued to live your carefree lives as your little trio. You could have gone another few years before you would have to properly consider marrying, and neither of them were in a rush for you to leave. But Lord Stark had left, and Bran had been out of consciousness for weeks with his mother out of commission at his side. Robb had needed to step up and take his father's place quickly, and he no longer had the time for you and Theon's antics. And then Theon had been drawn in by the politics and begun sitting in on meetings that you hadn't been allowed to join in with. 

"Lady Stark," you uttered into the darkness, moving a little further into Bran's chambers and searching for the woman you had grown up with. She was a shell of herself now, sitting at his bedside looking a little lost. "I wanted to discuss something with you," you began again, hovering near the foot of the bed. 

Catelyn nodded at you, gesturing for you to take come closer. You sat at her feet, the way you had done when you were a child. When you were little you had become bonded to her quickly, a replacement for your own mother. "What is it child?" she murmured, her hand coming to stroke your hair for just a second before returning to the embroidery in her lap.

"I just wonder whether I turned down Lord Umber's son a little too quickly," you murmured, picking at your nails as you glanced up at her. 

She looked a little relieved to finally be talking about something so mundane, something that didn't involve her husband being so far from home whilst her son was knocking at death's door. "What made you reconsider?"

You shrugged slightly. "He seemed nice, really, but I think I was scared of leaving Winterfell."

"Oh, sweet child. Every woman is scared of leaving her home to begin her life," she told you, her hand coming to touch your head again. "I was scared when I came to Winterfell. And Sansa and Arya were apprehensive about going to the Capital," she paused for a moment, her fingers drifting through your hair. "I'll write to the Greatjon, see if we can sort something." 

You nodded slightly, leaning into her touch like a needy kitten, desperate for her affection. "Thank you, Lady Stark." 

"No need to thank me, child. When we took you and Theon in it became my duty to raise you into a respectable woman and find you a worthy husband. Now, go and enjoy Winterfell whilst you're still here, child."