Theon Greyjoy X Snow!Reader - Hate That I Love You: Requested

A/N - This chapter was requested by user: bitchballs (I swear to god, you guys have the best user names.) It is based on the song 'Hate That I Love You' by Rihanna ft. Ne-Yo. I hope you all enjoy it.

"You're disgusting," you cried out, brow furrowed as you glared in Theon's direction.

"Yeah?" Theon started again, a smirk pulling at his lips. "Well, you're a prude."

"I'm not a prude, I just don't want to fuck you. It's not my fault that you're fucking obsessed with me," you spat back, watching his smirk falter for a moment. 

It was replaced pretty quickly with a snarl as he stared at you. "Don't flatter yourself, Sweetheart. Who'd want to fuck a bastard like you?"  

His words knocked the air out of you, and all sense of anger fell from your face. The two of you fought all the time. Any time someone in Winterfell heard an argument it was easy to assume that it would be you. But Theon had never pushed you so far before, neither of you had ever been so mean. 

"You're a prick," you uttered, holding back tears as you shoved past him and out into the hallway. 

There had always been an unspoken rule between you. You could be as horrible as you wanted, but parents were out of the question. He wouldn't mention the fact that you were a bastard, and you would mention how his father had sent him off to Winterfell as a child. 

You could hear the footsteps following you, unmistakably female, and you had to fight back the feeling of disappointment building in your chest. Part of you had hopped that it would be Theon that would chase after you; that he would come and apologise, even though you knew it wasn't his style.

"Y/N, slow down," Sansa called out, grabbing your arm to make you listen to her. "He didn't mean it," she continued as you finally slowed your pace, allowing her to fall into step beside you. 

"Yes, he did."

Sansa released a loud sigh, pulling you to a complete stop. "No, he didn't." You finally allowed your eyes to land on her, seeing the saddened expression on her face. "You hurt his feelings and he lashed out. He looked so ashamed when you left, you should have seen him."

"If he feels so bad about it he can come to me and apologise. Until then, he's not worth my time." With that, you were marching away towards your chambers, leaving her hovering awkwardly in the hallway. 

*Time Skip*

You weren't sure what it was that made you so nervous to see Theon again. You'd known him for as long as you could remember and never before had he had such an effect on you. Your stomach was twisted up in knots just at the thought of him, your chest tight when you considered the conversation you would have to share with him. 

The knock on your chamber door was surprising but not altogether unwelcome. The more time you spent in the company of other people, the longer you could put off seeing Theon and the less time you would spend thinking about him. But when you pulled it open, the smile fell from your lips as you caught sight of him. 

"What do you want?" 

Theon shifted awkwardly on the spot, attempting a small, uncomfortable smile for you. "Can I come in?"

You lifted a brow at him. "That depends. Have you come here to offend me some more?"

He released a small smile. "I came to say I'm sorry. I went too far and-"

"Too far? You saw the line and went sailing across it head first," you interrupted, watching as he nodded his agreement. 

"Please just let me talk," he uttered, his tongue darting out to wet his lips. You nodded your agreement, gesturing for him to continue. "I went too far and that was a real dick move. I didn't mean it, I just wanted to hurt your feelings like you hurt mine. I guess you touched a nerve when you said I was obsessed with you." 

"So what? I'm supposed to forgive you because you tell me you did it on purpose just to hurt me?" 

"No, that isn't what I meant." Theon looked a little frustrated now, his neck turning red as he pressed his eyes closed. "I said it because you were right and I got scared."

Your brow furrowed slightly as you leant against the door frame, watching him carefully. "I was right about what?"

"That I'm obsessed with you. I can't stop thinking about you." 

You shook your head slightly, moving back into your chambers. "You've gone mad."

"No-" Theon paused, his mouth opening and closing as he searched for something to say. "I'm in love with you, and I don't like that idea any more than you do, but-"

"You aren't in love with me," you muttered, shaking your head again. "You can't be in love with me; you hate me."

Theon looked a little lost for a moment, shaking his head as he took a step towards you. "I don't hate you. I just-" there was a second of silence as you continued staring at him. "I didn't know how to flirt with you, and you always enjoyed the way we used to argue. I just let it go too far."

"You're an idiot."

Theon nodded. "I know."

"You're insane and you're an idiot and I don't understand."

"I love you," he murmured, brow furrowed as he watched you carefully move further back into your chambers, sitting down at the foot of your bed.

"It's not fair," you uttered, more to yourself than to him. "I shouldn't be totally fine with this stupid apology. You telling me you love me shouldn't be enough." He remained silent, watching as you attempted to calm yourself. "I hate it, but I think I love you too."

A small smile pulled at his lips as you glanced up at him, looking absolutely terrified. "Can I come in?" You nodded, watching as he moved into the room and closer to you, kneeling in front of you. "I don't want to fight anymore. I don't want to hurt you like I did this morning."

"Kiss me." Theon looked a little caught off guard at your request, unable to move from his spot on the floor. "Please Theon."

He moved slowly, like he was terrified that you would run the second he got too close to you, but as his lips pressed to yours, you both relaxed. The tension was gone from your body, and you were pulling him closer to you. 

As he pulled away, his hand stayed on your cheek, his forehead pressed gently to yours. "I love you."

You nodded slightly, letting out a small scoff. "I love you too."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x