Theon Greyjoy X Arryn!Reader - September Song

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'September Song - Guitar Acoustic Version' by JP Cooper. Arryn!Reader is the daughter of Jon Arryn and used to visit with the Starks when she was young. I hope you all enjoy it.

Dragon Stone was every bit as intimidating as you had assumed it would be when you'd received your invitation from the woman claiming to be a Targaryen queen. Of course, you hadn't believed it at that point. It was a ridiculous claim. Everyone knew that the Targaryens had all been killed before you had even entered the world, and surely, no one was stupid enough to believe the rantings of some woman they had never met before. But then you'd heard the mutterings of dragons. Real-life dragons, flying around the Stormlands making a nuisance of themselves, and suddenly it didn't seem so unrealistic anymore. 

So, with a hell of a lot of hesitation, you'd allowed yourself to begin the journey from the Eyrie, leaving Robin in the safe, but overwhelming, clutches of your mother. She'd never been as protective over you as she had her precious little boy, and you had thrived without her hanging over your shoulder. The time she had allowed you to spend, travelling alone to Winterfell, whilst you were practically still a child, had been freeing, and you wouldn't have sacrificed them for anything. 

As soon as you had met Daenerys, you had known that her claims were true. And the moment she had begun speaking, you had realised that she was the woman you wanted to follow. She was strong. She was a survivor. She knew exactly what she needed to do to create a better Kingdom. And you did not doubt that she could achieve it with the right support. 

You'd been so caught up in listening to her talk, that you hadn't noticed the other people joining your group. In any other situation, you would have recognised Jon the second you had set eyes on him. After all, you had spent every summer with him and his family. From the ages of 7 to 15, you'd practically spent half of your time in Winterfell with them, and you'd been good friends; family. 

"Y/N?"

Your eyes finally pulled away from the Queen, drifting over to him as your brow furrowed. And then, as you'd spotted him, your eyes had widened and a bright smile had pulled at your lips. "Jon," you cried out, all attempts at remaining ladylike completely forgotten as you hurried to close the space between you, pulling him into a tight hug. 

The Queen cleared her throat, curiosity clear on her features as she watched your rather overfamiliar meeting. "You know each other?"

You nodded eagerly, still beaming. "My father was a close friend of Eddard Stark, and I was the only child in the Eyrie for some time, so he used to send me to spend my summers in Winterfell." You paused, glancing back at Jon for a moment. "Jon has been my friend for as long as I can remember," you added, giving his arm a tight squeeze, as you stayed close to his side. 

"I assume that means you'll know another ally of mine," she started, offering you a sweet smile. "He speaks very fondly of the time he spent at Winterfell as a child," she pressed on, watching as your brow furrowed in confusion. 

"I don't know who-"

"It's good to see you again, Y/N," a voice started, and your stomach flipped. 

Seven Hells, you hadn't seen Theon Greyjoy since you were 15, and now here he was, looking a little worse for wear, but still as handsome as he had been when you'd last set eyes on him. "Theon," you murmured, swallowing down the lump forming in your throat as you tried to figure out how to act in his presence. 

"So, you do know each other," Daenerys started again, looking rather proud of herself whilst you remained fixed to the spot, as if you had turned to stone, your eyes focused on Theon. "That's good, it'll make negotiations easier if you're all familiar with one another-"