Tyrion Lannister X Stark!Reader - Do You Love Me

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Do You Love Me' by The Contours. Reader is the daughter of Brandon Stark, who was born before Robert's Rebellion. It's a little longer than usual, but I hope you all enjoy it.

The atmosphere in Winterfell was tense. With the King and half of his court travelling north to visit your uncle Ned, there was no doubting that it would be chaos within your home, and you had grown more and more nervous as their arrival approached. Something big had to be happening for the King to leave King's Landing and take such a long journey, and you were already certain it wouldn't end well for your family.

Your home only seemed to grow more tense as time passed and the royals drew closer. Half of the Stark family seemed to be in a state of excitement, awaiting people they had only ever heard of in wonderful stories you had been told as children. The other half seemed to wish that it was all some big dream, that they would blink and wake up safe in the knowledge that the King wasn't venturing so far north.

When the King finally arrived, you were in the courtyard, like everyone else. Sandwiched between Jon and Theon in an attempt to stop any chatter whilst the royals were greeted. You had always been the only one trusted to keep them in check, and had taken your spot in the line without being prompted. 

"This is ridiculous," Theon murmured on one side of you as the gates were drawn open, revealing the King to the gathered party. You sent him a short glare, causing him to release a deep sigh. "How's he any different to any other Lord?" 

"Shut up," you whispered, kicking him in the shin and causing him to yelp in pain, his own glare landing on you. 

"If you weren't a girl, I would beat you," he uttered, earning himself another scolding look. Finally, he held up his hands in surrender, falling silent as he focused his eyes on the large man being helped down from his horse. 

You finally got your chance to look upon the royal family, your eyes roving over the line until the stopped on one person in particular. The Queen's brother was someone that had always been recognisable to all involved. There was not a dwarf in the Seven Kingdoms who dressed as finely, or who was treated so well. In all honesty, you knew you shouldn't be staring at him, but something about him held your attention far better than anyone else you had ever met.

Theon nudged you, causing your eyes to fly back to him for a moment. "The King is talking about you." 

Your brow furrowed as you turned your gaze forward, finding both your uncle and the King looking in your direction. Forcing a smile onto your lips, you gave a short nod, earning a similar smile from Ned. 

"She's pretty," the King uttered, returning his attention to his old friend. "How old now?"

"Y/N will be Nineteen in a few weeks, Your Grace," your uncle answered, watching as the other man let out a hearty laugh. 

"She ought to be married by now," he cried out. "A beauty like that shouldn't be wasted in a place like this," he continued, causing your cheeks to tinge red as you turned your gaze to your feet. 

A snort from Theon caught your attention, followed by a murmured "Seven Hells," as he attempted to stifle his laughter. 

A few moments later, your uncle and the King were marching off to the crypt, leaving you hot faced and flustered.

"I want to meet the Imp," Theon started, knocking your arm with his elbow. "I've heard he's funny."

You scoffed slightly, catching his attention. "Don't go bothering him. The poor man is likely bothered non-stop, especially this far outside of the Capital."

"If he didn't want to be bothered he shouldn't have come," he told you, giving you a small smirk before marching towards the small group gathered on the other side of the courtyard. You were quick to follow, hoping that if you reached him early enough you could put a stop to some of the ignorance that was likely to escape him.