Sandor Clegane X Pregnant!Wife!Reader - Don't Let Me Down

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'Don't Let Me Down' by the Chainsmokers ft. Daya. I hope you all enjoy it.

There had likely been no worse time in your life that you could have discovered that you were pregnant. Seven Hells, the kingdoms were at war and you were stuck in the centre of it all, and all of a sudden you were finding out that you were going to be a mother. Sandor had been a little taken aback when you had told him, his mouth hanging open as he considered what this would mean for you. After all, it had always been just the two of you, and that had made it far easier to keep yourselves out of trouble. You had each others backs and you weren't slowed down by the needs of someone else. 

If either of you had the slightest bit of sense you would have fled King's Landing the moment you had missed your first period. You could have been miles away before anyone even knew you were gone and you could have endured the rest of your pregnancy in relative peace. But, neither of you could have predicted how life would change in the next few months. 

You never would have assumed that Stannis Baratheon would launch an attack on King's Landing, or that the Lannister army would use Wildfire as a weapon of mass destruction. There was no way you would have allowed Sandor out of your sight if you'd had any sense of what was to come. 

"Are you well, My Lady?" 

You released a deep sigh, glancing over at the girl beside you. Everyone in King's Landing knew who Sansa was, and you had recognised her immediately, despite never having met her before. "I'm perfectly fine," you uttered, attempting to send her a warm smile, though you were certain it looked a little forced. "Thank you," you added, patting her knee lightly before returning your eyes to your lap.

Deep breaths, you reminded yourself. You need to keep taking deep breaths; Sandor will be back soon and it will all be fine. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" 

When you glanced up this time, your eyes were wet with tears, and you released a strangled sniffle. Sansa reached forward, taking your hand in hers and shuffling closer to you. 

"It's all going to be okay," she reminded you in the softest voice you had ever heard. This girl was as gentle as they came, and she had always been painted by the court-going women of the city as a traitor. Gods, that only made you want to cry harder, and you squeezed her hand lightly in yours.

"My husband-"

"All of us have people we care for on the battlefield, Lady Clegane. Pull yourself together; you're scaring the children." The words shocked you out of your bubble with Sansa, and all of sudden you noticed the multitude of eyes on you. As you glanced up, you noticed the Queen Regent glaring back at you, and you gave a short nod, attempting to stifle the sobs coming out of you.

"You're married to Sandor, aren't you?" Sansa's softness drew you back in, your eyes finding hers. You nodded. "He's always been very kind to me," she told you, her grip on your hand tightening. "I will pray for him."

Her words caught you off guard, drawing a soft snort of laughter out of you. "He would tell you to save your breath," you muttered, continuing to take deep, calming breaths beside her. "He doesn't believe in prayer."

"Oh-" Sansa started, looking a little embarrassed at her own assumptions.

"But please say them anyway," you continued. "Your prayers for him would help to put me at ease."

You sat like that for a while, the two of you huddled close together hoping for Sandor's safe return. And then, from nowhere, there was the sound of heavy knocking at the doors. The whole room stilled as the guards moved to see what the commotion was about. 

"I need to see my wife." You would have known the voice anywhere, and quickly shifted in an attempt to stand, feeling Sansa's hand on your arm as you struggled. 

"Be careful," she uttered, standing to help you to your feet. 

You could hear the guards attempting to calm a rather erratic Sandor, their voices raising as he continued to pressure them to allow him entry. As you came into his view, your husband's expression softened, a small, sad smile pulling at his lips.

"No one is permitted to enter-" the guard continued, until you cleared your throat, watching him fall silent.

"Of course," you uttered, giving a short nod. "But I assume there will be no objection to me leaving to join my husband?"

The guard looked a little stunned as you kept your eyes fixed on him. "Well-"

"It's just that Sandor won't leave until he sees me, and as you can see, he's very good at making a nuisance of himself. We wouldn't want him scaring the children." You heard Sansa stifle a snort of laughter beside you, her hand still resting on your arm. 

The guard glanced over to Cersei, watching as she gave a short nod, her eyes still focused on the girl close at your side. 

The door was opened a moment later, allowing you to make a speedy exit into your husband's arms. You felt him press his lips to the top of your head, drawing you even closer to him. As the door closed behind you, you felt his touch loosen, his eyes focused on something else. 

"What's wrong?" you murmured, glancing up at him with your brow furrowed.

Sandor cleared his throat slightly, nodding behind you. "Is the girl supposed to be here?"

You turned from him, finding Sansa hovering awkwardly behind you both, her hands gripped tightly in front of herself. "I'm sorry," she started, mouth hanging open as she searched for something to say. "I couldn't stay in there alone," she added.

A small smile pulled at your lips and you moved towards her, taking her hands in yours. "I understand. You're more than welcome to join us."

"Y/N." 

You glanced back at your husband. "One moment, Sandor-"

"Y/N. We need to leave King's Landing." The look of sheer confusion you fixed him with left him silent for a moment, his mind reeling. "You haven't seen what's going on outside. We need to leave, now." 

For a moment, you said nothing. Seven Hells, you were certain you could have seen the cogs turning in your brain if you'd looked closely enough. You swallowed, taking a deep breath before turning back to Sansa. "Are you happy here?"

To say that Sansa looked shocked at your question was an understatement. No one had asked after her happiness since her father had died, but she was certain of her answer. "No."

"Then come with us. It won't be an easy journey, but it will be better than living here as their prisoner."

You felt Sandor's hand land on your waist, and Sansa turned to glance up at him. "Y/N will need someone to keep her company for when I'm finding food," he uttered, a soft encouragement that brought a smile to the girls face.

"When do we leave?"

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x