19

Heyy
So two days ago was  my birthday and well, my friends got me presents and you know, the typical. So I thought to give you guys a present too. Lol
Enjoy
Also, sorry for taking even longer to update, my laptop was getting repaired and it really took a while. Thanks for your patience

“We’re almost here”

Chara gulped. “I’m not staying too long…”

“How come? You’re not fond of spiders?” He grinned in sarcasm.

“Wow, so funny…” Chara rolled her eyes.

They were passing through a strange, not really luminous, but big, tunnel. It was made of a strange, purple material and the roof had like cave forms. It was clear not many people ever walked through there, well, monsters more like.
As they walked it kept getting darker and darker.

It felt weird. “Are you sure it’s this way?” Chara asked, while she got slightly closer to him while they kept walking.

Sans swallowed. “Yeah… What I don’t know is why there’s no lights on in the distance.”

They both lowered their pace. They could barely see a thing anymore.

“Uhm, I know I already made it clear. But I don’t like this…” Chara spoke, her voice trembling a bit.

"I'm actually starting not to really like this either..."

“Great! Looks like we both agree for once so let’s just forget all this and start heading b-”

“Shhh.” Sans cut her off in a more serious tone. He placed his hand on top of her shoulder. She looked up to where she guessed his face was, confused. “Hear that?”

Chara didn’t say anything and, worriedly, she began paying full attention to whatever her hears captured.

It sounded like thousands of little foot steps all over the place. They didn’t have time to make out what it was in that moment.

Suddenly the lights switched on, revealing a bunch of happy full-grown Undertale spiders forming a circle around the two. Muffet laughing from behind. “WELCOME.” The spiders all joyfully said in their really high-pitched voice. They almost sounded like a choir.

Chara and Sans immediately screamed like they never had, both hastily joining each other in a hug. Chara had her face hid in his shoulder, her full body trembling in fear, just as his. Sans completely blinded from the light at first.

Their heavy breaths started to lower as the fright went calming down. Sans could eventually see clearer. “o-oh… it was just you guys…”

“haha yeah… we just wanted to surprise you.” Muffet smiled awkwardly.

As Chara assimilated that there wasn’t really any threat, she separated her face from Sans’ body, and looked up to him as he looked down to her. They kept their eyes on each other for a few seconds while they processed all the information, how close they were and the fact that Chara still had her arms wrapped around him and he, his.
...

“Ew!” They both snapped away from each other.

Chara cleared her throat. “You call this a surprise!?” she shouted over at Muffet.

“We sowy… just wantesh shou to smwile.” One of the surrounding spiders said as it approached them.

Chara took a few steps back in fear. “N-no, d-don’t get closer.”

“Y’know there’s more behind too, right?” Sans said.

She looked back and screeched and jumped in realization.