1

Sans kept following the sound of the sobs without recognizing who they were coming from, until he saw her sitting on the ground with her back on a tree and her face hidden in her knees and ramped around her arms.

“Wha… Chara?” He stood in front of her with a surprised face, his arms in his pockets and his hood on his head. “Are you actually crying?” He let out a quiet laugh. “What about your tough girl act, huh?” He asked a bit mockingly.

“Shut up…” She said with a low, crying voice, still with her face hidden. “I’m surprised you’re not crying too…”

“Why would I be crying? Why are you crying? Chara, what happened?” Now he was worried. He bended his knees to get closer to her.

“You seriously don’t know yet, dumbass?!” She lifted her head to look at him with an angry, but still red from the tears, face. “It’s Frisk…and Asriel… They’re…” She looked down to the side. “…dating”

“W-what? You’re not serious.” His faced changed, he was completely in shock now. He was glad nobody had died, though. But knowing his year-long crush was now dating one of his best friends was quite the backstabber too.

“If I wasn’t serious I wouldn’t be crying, idiot! Yes! Our crushes are dating each other, funny, huh?” She said sarcastically holding on more tears.

Sans felt as if his heart was beginning to break while he processed the information. Still though, he couldn’t help but to let out laugh out of the weird situation. “How are we so pathetic?” He asked after sitting down next to Chara.

Chara sighed, making a small smile, she couldn’t help to be infected by Sans’ depressed laughter. “I don’t know, Sans, I don’t know…”

Fuck… No, no getting depressed now, not with her here. Come on, think of something. He thought “So…what now?”

“What do you mean what now?”

“I mean, it’s not like we can make a move on them now, but… Frisk is fucking awesome, there’s no way I’m gonna just quit trying to be something more with her just because she has a boyfriend.”

“How romantic.” She rolled her eyes.

“Whatever, but don’t you feel the same way about Asriel? Come on, it’s obviously not like the feeling is gonna disappear just because of this, are just gonna ignore it until it does? Cause I think that would be stupid, even for you.”

“Ugh, shut up! But yeah… I guess you’re right. But what could we even possibly do? Hmm…” She smiled psychotically at her thought. “Actually, I could kill Frisk, you know? Doesn’t sound like a bad idea to me hehehehehe.”

“Cute laugh, but I’d kill you first.” He made a pause and then slightly grinned at her.

“Uh… what?”

“I’m thinking of something. Something that could actually work.”

“Okay, then say it. But don’t look at me like that, it’s pissing me off!”

“We could make them jealous, by fake dating!” He was feeling proud of himself, already imagining the whole plan working and, at least himself, ending up with Frisk. He never saw that much future between Chara and Asriel, though, they wouldn’t make a good couple in his opinion, not like him and Frisk would. But he’d just stay quiet and not intervene, having Asriel and Chara as a couple would make it easier for him and Frisk to be something, so why would he get in the way of that?

“Huh? Fake dating? But who? I don’ think Papyrus would be able to keep a secret like that, and I don’t really have much more options. Maybe… Muffet would accept? Or Monster Kid since you’re probably going for Muffet anyway?”

Sans facepalmed. “I meant fake dating each other, stupid. You and me. As a pretend couple. Got it?”

“Seriously?! Gross!!!”

“I know, I know. But it’s the best option. Think, we’ll go on double dates and shit and we’ll make such a good pair that Frisk’ll see that I’m a better boyfriend material then Asriel and, if we’re lucky enough, he’ll think that you’re a better girlfriend material, even though he’ll definitely be wrong.” Sans winked at Chara with another grin on his face.

“I hate you…”

“Soooo…deal or deal?”

“I…uh…” Chara sneezed before she could say anything and started to shiver.

“Cold? Here. Have my jumper.” He took his sweatshirt off and handed it to the cute psycho.

“Mmmm…” She started to put it on. “I thought you made me swear to never ever touch your sweatshirt…”

“I have to now. It’s what couples do.” He laughed. “You actually look pretty cute in it.”

“Don’t make this more awkward then it already is.”

“So then you do accept.” He smirked.

“Do I even have another option?”

“Nope.”