Chapter 45: Black Rose

[Chapter 45: Black Rose]

Twisted my body around, I danced in front of the tall mirror, eyes focused on my clothes. My hair was down, gently caressing my white sleeveless button-up shirt and blue circle skirt and sash. I titled my sun hat up slightly as I tapped the hotel floor with my usual white zori, letting out a small hum. I can't believe this is the closest thing to a beach episode that I'll ever get. Oh well, it's good enough.

Deeming myself worthy of going out, I stepped out of our room, closing it shut as I skipped away. Swaying to my own beat, I pondered with my notebook in my tender hands. Kyaaaah... it's gonna be a long meeting because Hiro and Shiori will be there at the same time.

No matter how many meetings we make, they just somehow never get along— well, it's mostly just Hiro getting riled up. It's hilarious, watching the boy rage at a person who's ignoring him. But I digress.

Spotting a certain dark-haired male, my lips curled up as I crept in, hands raising as I readied myself. Three... two... one!

"What are you doing, Princess?" I flinched when he called me out before I could act, turning towards me with a brow raised.

I puffed my cheeks out. "At least let me have my fun!" My arms waved around as the Hyuuga heir chuckled with his hands tucked in his pockets. The boy wore a cool teal open button-up with a white shirt underneath, along with tan trousers and his original shoes.

"I'm just glad I don't have to be alone with this guy anymore," He huffed, pointing a thumb at the adult near us.

"It's as if you have a brain smart enough to hate someone." The pointed guy commented nonchalantly.

"Shut it!"

I giggled with hands behind my back as I took in the pink-haired jonin's outfit. It wasn't as different as the one he usually wore: just a simple light purple haori with a milky white, floral yukata. "Well, everybody's here." With a smile, I interlocked my hands with their own, laughing when Hiro barked up a half-hearted retort in return. "So let's go! Don't wanna keep her waiting!"

ʕ•̫͡ʔ*:.

Hearing the soft chimes of a bell, I peered into the building. Right from the get-go, the subtle scent of coffee entered my nose. I hummed as we stepped in, glancing at our surroundings. The restaurant had warm colors decked out with its clean wooden chairs and tables.

She has good tastes, I noted to myself. "Ah, over here!" My eyes darted to a familiar redhead, a small hand waving at us in the back area of the place. My head turned back at Shiori and Hiro, who only glanced back before heading over.

Skipping my way downtown, I held my arms wide. "Kugui-chan!" I exclaimed with a smile, pouncing onto her for a hug. The taller woman laughed as she wrapped her hands around my waist. "It's been so long, ya cutie!"

"You've grown up, Megumi-chan!" Kugui replied in a light tone, pushing me back with a small smile of her own. She wore a simple light brown flowy dress along with purple zori. "Ah— well, it has been over a year."

I just giggled in return, adjusting my summer hat. "Who's that?" I heard Hiro asked behind me. Hm? Tilting my body, my eyes landed on another girl sleeping next to the jonin.

"Ah, I forgot!" As if she just realized that the girl she was with just dozed off, she placed a hand on her shoulder, shaking her gently. "Suzume, please wake up...!"

"Mmm..." I heard a soft, airy response back. The dark-haired girl nodded her head, straightening her back as she revealed her face. She was very cute, half-lidded blue eyes blankly staring back at Kugui's big and concerned ones. "Ah, did... did I fall asleep again...? Is it... is it time?"