A Training Misshap

At the sword arena I had three cabins. Ares, Athena and Poseidon. But i guess the Poseidon cabin doesnt really count considering there is only one person.

Danny had partnered up with an Ares camper and Annabeth was with Clarisse. They both fought pretty well but the two girls seemed to have no spirit with what they were doing. I called the class to a halt. They all gathered round me.

"Why does no one here have any spirit except from the egotistic one over there?"

"Did you just call me egotistic?"

"Well it is the truth. Got a problem with that?"

"Yeah! I have. I challenge you to a sword fight!" The rest of he campers backed away forming a circle around us two.

"Surely you would have learnt from last time, when i turned your sword into a puddle, not to mess with me. You know you are proving my point about the fact that you are egotistic right?"

His face turned red and he drew his sword. i just stood there waiting not even bothering to draw my sword. As expected he lunged forward, I sidestepped and blocked his arm with my own with such force that his sword flew out of his hand. It clattered on the floor a few feet away. Whilst he was recovering from the shock i grabbed his other hand, twisted it around his back and got him onto his knees. He gave in and i walked over to the others. "Right now get back to work!"

I had my back to Danny obviously this was one of the most stupid things I had done. He had snuck up behind me and stabbed me in the back with a dagger. He must have known the blade was laced with poison, right? My back arched in pain. He must have pulled the blade back out again because it wasn't as tight. He must have run off too, Coward!

Black spots danced in my eyes as I tried to blink them away. It wasn't working. I called Luke by mind-link and then blacked out.

I woke up to a blinding light. Which was suddenly blocked by a face which was just a little too close to mine. On instinct I reached my arm up and punched whoever it was strait in the face. I heard a yelp of pain and a "yep definitely awake!"

I sat up and found myself in the chaos cabin. In my room of course. I looked over at the person I had punched. It was Luke. "Sorry mate. Too close."

After that everything went back to as if it hadn't happened. I mean come on it wasn't the first time I had been stabbed by a poisoned blade. I shivered at the memories it brought back.

Like the time when me and Luke were sent on a mission to the dark lands. We had to capture the goblet of justice but instead we got captured. We were locked in a cell for three weeks being tortured. By then we had gotten used to each others screams. Finally chaos came to get us. Luckily Luke knew who I was before that. They had carved an omega into my arm and an Alpha into Luke's. We didn't want to get rid of our scars. I never have.

I checked to see if my hood was up before I left my room. I went to check the perimeter before asking what thing I was teaching now. The perimeter looked clean. At least it was until I got to Thalia's tree. There was a demigod lying on the floor. Obviously been stabbed. Things like this didn't bother me anymore. I just picked up the corpse. Scouted the area and made my way down to the big house. As soon as someone saw what was on my shoulder they screamed and some even fainted. I took the demigod to the infirmary and then just walked out. Someone screamed and came after me.

"What did you do to her? What did you do to Joanna?" She looked heart broken. They must have been good friends. "Nothing! Honestly, I just found her at the border. I was just going to find out. You can stay her and mourn or you can come with me and see what happened." I kept on walking. After a bit of hesitation she followed me. Still keeping her distance.

"So how are we going to find out?" We had gotten to the top of the hill. I sniffed. Something smelt strange. "Hold on" I said stopping her with my arm.