The After Effects

Annabeth watched helplessly along with everyone else as Percy fought Order. His true form scared some people. But what scared Chaos the most was the fact that Percy was only using about a quarter of his power the entire time. He wasn't even sure if Percy was aware of that himself.

They watched him kick Order through the last standing pillar and how he stumbled after him. They had all managed to free everyone from the rubble and they had started the climb over to Percy. To help.

Everyone froze when they heard a soft croaking voice before the sound of someone being stabbed. They all waited anxiously for Percy to stand up the victor. When he didn't however, everyone picked up the pace and tried to get to him faster. Dreading the outcome of the events.

When Percy finally did stand everyone almost cheered. Until they saw the blood. How much blood was astonishing. He seemed completely drenched. Holding a small dagger in one hand and his chest in the other. Blood still pouring out through his fingers.

Annabeth's scream shocked everyone. Everyone turned to look as the hero of Olympus fell down on top of Order. Annabeth scrambled across the ruins. Scraping and slicing her hands to pieces. She didn't care. She wanted to get to Percy. No way was she loosing him again.

She got to Percy first. Almost going feinting at the sight. Percy was dripping in blood. Unconscious and draped over a lifeless Order. Blood and ichor still poured out of their wounds. Mixing together on the ground. The mixture turned a purple colour. Before disappearing through the cracks of the rubble.

Annabeth leant over Percy. Pulling him off the corpse. She shook him, trying to wake him up. Tears flowed down her face, blurring her vision. Chaos appeared in front of her. Just having stepped over a big boulder. He brushed the dirt off his clothes. And knelt next to Annabeth. Looking over Percy, shaking his head and sighing.

"Save him!" Annabeth shouted. Enraged and heartbroken. She collapsed into sobs. He looked at her and back at Percy.

"I can't do anything." She turned her head back quickly to look at him.

"WHAT?!" Her eyes moved quickly. Her mind turning quicker. "You gave him a heart! You brought him back from nothing! Why not! What is wrong with you!" He sighed again. Apollo appeared over the edge of the remainder of the pillar. He leapt over and sat next to Percy.

"Let me try." Before Chaos could stop him he held his glowing hand over Percy's wound. Helping it close. All the blood he had lost returned to his body. Now purple and glistening. Almost like it was full of glitter.

"No! Stop!" Chaos tried to break the spell. But there was nothing he could do. Annabeth glared at him and tried to push him away. Shouting obscenities and insults. Telling him that he was useless and horrible. That he had no place there. No place being the king of the universe or Percy's adopted father.

It wasn't that Chaos couldn't bring him back. It was that, if he did, he didn't know what was going to happen. His blood was mixed with Order's. There was no telling who, or what, would wake up after the spell. Or if he would even wake up at all. Chaos closed his eyes and prayed. He didn't know to what or whom as all the gods were there and the primordials would be of no help. This was all down to Percy. It was his choice. His second battle.

Apollo and Hermes picked up Percy's body. Carrying him to Apollo's temple, to the hospital wing. Annabeth walked along side them. Being comforted by Thalia and Frank. The other injured had already been taken there. The rest of the chaos army were spread out among the others. Using their specialities to help everyone. They all stopped when Percy was brought through. The girls let a tear slip before turning back to their jobs. Sniffing occasionally. The boys were frozen in shock when they were snapped out of it they switched into autopilot. Not really paying as much attention as they were before.

Percy was laid down in a cot at the back of the hall. Separated from everyone else by makeshift walls. Percy's wounds started healing themselves. Making him look normal again. There was nothing anyone could do for him now. Everyone other than Annabeth left the room. Thalia and Frank had split off to find Piper, Jason and Hazel.

Piper had a crushed calf and thigh. Apollo and his kids were off to the side, discussing the possibilities of her having an amputation. Piper herself was knocked out with the pain and medication. Jason was beside himself that he wasn't able to save her in time. Definitely not being able to forgive himself if she had to have her leg cut off.

People were scatters all over the hall crying, in pain or resting in the cots. There was complete mayhem and there was nothing anyone could do. Not even Chaos. He tried to help, healing as many people he could. Not having even seen the worst cases yet.

Annabeth had passed out on the chair in Percy's room. Awoken abruptly by the sound of popping. She couldn't tell where it was coming from. She looked around frantically. Thinking someone else was there. But the movement by Percy drew her eye.

She was hopeful and full of relief thinking he had woken up. However, her feelings were crushed immediately when she saw his leg break and then set. And his left shoulder dislocated and pop back into place.

Bruises appeared quicker than they could heal and breaks happened all over his body. Annabeth ran out of the room. Looking for anyone and everyone. She, herself had absolutely no idea what was happening. She ran back into the room followed closely by Apollo, Hermes and Chaos. Along with five of Apollo's kids.

They watched as the strange breaks happened to Percy's body. His face remained stoic. As if he were sleeping. Chaos began to panic. Not knowing really didn't go well with Chaos. He liked to know what happened next. It kind of just came to him his entire life. This was the first time he had no idea of the future. Percy had achieved something no one else ever had. He had managed to take his fate into his own hands. The Fates no longer had control of his future.

It was his turn.