The Betrayal

Percy POV..

I hate him. I hate him so much. Ever since my half-brother came to camp, my life has been a living hell. First off he comes to camp chased by a hell-hound and i kill it to save him, but he took my sword and said he killed it. Second he does pranks on people and blames them on me. Third he breaks other peoples things and then blames them on me. The list could go on forever.

Anyway. I am on my way to the sword arena to meet Annabeth. I moved my hand down to my pocket feeling the leather box. I walk in, and immediately my hand moves towards my pen. There is a group of campers crowded around some people, yelling "KISS! KISS! KISS!" I look over the top of the people and my expression immediately falls blank. The two people kissing were my half-brother and my girlfriend. Well, my ex-girlfriend.

They break apart and there is a flash of light. I walk over to the benches, to get a better look. My dad was stood there. "Danny, you are my favourite child!" Cheers rose from the crowd. My heart starts to pull and all i want to do is leave. I walk over to the fire in the middle and pull out the box from my pocket. The sound it made as i opened it, made everyone notice my prescence. I looked at the ring. The sun hit it at just the right angle making the small array of emeralds shine, making a glow over my face. I plucked out the ring and threw it into the fire. The fire glowed a pink so bright that everyone had to look away, apart from me.

I pulled out my pen also chucking it into the fire, the fire now started to glow a rainbow of different colours and it must have gotten too much for the fire because it sent a shockwave so high that it blasted everyone off of their feet. Even Poseidon, but again not me. I then turned around, with no words and walked strait through the camp borders. Not looking back.

I had no feelings now. I was empty. I guess that the monsters saw that too because all they did was come up to me strike then walk away. I kept walking. I had no idea where i was going or how long i had been walking, but i had no feeling in my legs and finally i collapsed. As my head hit the floor everything went dark.

Poseidon POV..

That was one big shockwave! I didn't know what happened. I teleported to Olympus and looked around. They were all crowding around a shocked Aphrodite.

"What happened?"

"Dont you know brother?" Zeus turned towards me. "That ring was made with pure Love"

"So?"

"So?" Aphrodite said looking at me with tears in her eyes. She looked ready to burst. "He threw it into magic fire, meaning he can never love again! Percabeth! I shipped that name! They were meant for each other. They had a pure love! Pure Love is so rare!"

"He can never love again?" I asked slowly, it almost came out as a whisper.

"And you basically disowned him, and the rest of you guys! Why did you all hate him all of a sudden? The only people who didnt disown him were me, Artemis and Zeus. Hades is still sending monsters after him, but they are coming back alive! He isnt slaying them because he doesnt have his weapon anymore. When he threw Riptide into the flame it returned back to Zoe Nightshade. So that means he is just getting weaker and weaker. He thinks no-one loves him anymore, he has no feelings. He is empty because of all of YOU!" She got up after her rant and ran out of the room crying hard. Artemis went after her. Zeus turned on me.

"There you go! Now you see what you've done? What you've all done? Yeah I know i didnt act like i liked him, but he was the Hero of Olympus people, He saved this place more than once and you treat him like dirt!" He stormed out of the room. Literally, there was a storm cloud forming around him. Everyone stood there either shocked or looking down in shame. Everyone left the throne room and I knew what I had to do.

I flashed back to Camp Half-Blood and everyone was still where i left them. The shockwave had probably been to much for them. Why wasnt Percy affected by it?

Annabeth POV..

I cant believe what just happened. He was going to Propose to me and I cheated on him. Why did i cheat on him? His brother is ugly compared to him. No-one was moving. Still affected by the shockwave. All i remember is everyone being blown back and then when I finally came to my senses Percy was gone. Poseidon was walking back and forth nervously. I shook myself and got up. Poseidon looked round at the noise.

"We have to find him!" I said and walked off.