Waking up

Percy POV..

When my eyes fluttered open I swore that I should be dead by now, but the pain in my head reminded me that Death didn't want me either. I thought that maybe I would wake up in the infirmary again or in the Underworld. But.. nooooo! I had to wake up in a strange place. Somewhere that radiated a power greater, older than the gods. Great!

The brilliant white of the walls was blinding but I coped with it. My head finally stopped throbbing and my vision cleared up, throwing me into another dimension. The walls where engraved with intricate designs slightly glowing bronze. I sat up with great effort and realised what I was wearing.

I was in all black. I had black jeans. A black t-shirt and black trainers. I had a black leather belt around my waist and there was a dagger in a sheath strapped to my side. I immediately recognised the handle. The bronze camouflaged with the room but the engraving of the angel stood out in a dark endless black.

I swung my legs to the side feeling an excruciating jolt of electricity run next to each shoulder blade. I hunched forwards with the pain and then the pain subsided leaving my back feeling less tight. I sat up strait and the first thing I saw were two gigantic black wings hanging by my sides. They were pure black and light. Although they looked rather heavy.

When I stood up the tips of the wings brushed the floor. There was a mirror off to my left and I walked towards it. As I was reflected in the thin glass it startled me so much that I gasped. Standing in front of me was a tall, pale figure, whose cheek bones were prominent and very skinny. But it wasn't just skinny it was muscle. I had abs and biceps. My black hair cascades over the left side of my face almost covering up one eye. The black clothing was a good contrast to the deathly pale white of the skin. The eyes. The eyes were what stood out the most. They weren't a sea green like they used to be. They were a sharp ice blue that seemed to stare strait into your soul.

The black wings were quite different. I had never heard of coming back to life with wings before.

Just to my right a door opened. A man stepped in followed by a perky girl with red locks and freckles. She reminded me of an older version of Rachel Dare. The man was wearing all black like me but he radiated an old but extremely mighty power.

I had never seen this man before. He seemed like he could make the impossible possible. I was never good at formalities so I just stared at him waiting for him to speak.

He stared back, but in shock because of the wings. I sighed. I thought of them contracting back into my shoulder blades. They did but it was an extremely painful procedure. My face contorted in pain.

He watched amazed. Finally he spoke. "The name is Chaos, no need for formalities!" he said thinking that I was going to bow or something. I didn't. He carried on. "Perseus Jackson.."

"It's Percy!" I interrupted.

"Percy, then." Small pause. "I brought you back from the dead.."

"Yeah, that I can see that quite clearly thanks." Interrupting him again but I put on a smile. My voice thick with sarcasm.

"Anyway" His face narrowed. "I brought you back because I need a right hand man and you were the only one who would be able to withstand the amount of pain that comes with power. Do you accept?"

"Well, I have nothing to live for. Ha! do you get it! nothing to live for, but I'm dead!" I giggled. He just looked at me as if saying. Really? Why this guy?

"So, does that mean yes?" I nodded. He gestured for me to follow him. He led me through doorways and rooms. Decorated in the same style, but in different colours. Eventually we came to a glass room. In the middle was a white throne and through the glass you could see all of the galaxies and planets. It was amazing.

He asked me to stand I front of him. So I did. He placed a hand on my forehead and nothing happened. I didn't feel any different.

"Is something supposed to happen?" I asked.

"I can't give you any more power" he looked at me astonished. "You already have a power level to mine."

"I am a demigod and you are saying that I have a power that excels the gods and is level to the creator of the universe?!"

"You need to unlock the powers one by one but you already have something different." He said. " The wings"

My back was tight and very uncomfortable so I just let them out. He gasped again when he saw my dagger.

"Oh my gods! What now?"

"The..the..y..your the f..f.."

"The creator of the universe is scared of a dagger made if Stygian iron?" I unsheathed the beauty and watched as it glimmered in the light of the room.

"You're the fallen angel!" I looked up at him with one eyebrow raised.

"Huh?"

"The fallen angel is supposed to have the black flame and the only one able to wield the Animam ab Angelis"

"The dagger? Soul of Angels?" I translated.

"Summon fire please" he asked. I sheathed my dagger and held out my palm. I willed my hand to burst into flames. And guess what! It did! but the flames weren't auburn or orange. They were pure black. Like a black abyss. Chaos backed away from the flames. "You can extinguish the flames now!"

"Oh, sorry!" I quickly shoved my hand in my pocket to get rid of the flames. "Why are you frightened of flames?"

"The black fire, when it hits a living thing or even an object it kills them almost immediately, it also captures the souls so they dont go back to tartarus to regenerate. It can even make a god fade!"

"So this is quite powerful stuff!"

"Yeah, very. Well..." He looked around the room not making eye contact. "We need a new name for you, because everyone knows who Percy Jackson is"

"hmm... Well, I like Omega! It means the end!"

"The end of what?" he asked.

"The end of everything!" A smirk made its way onto my face.