Finding Jackson

Annabeth POV..

We had search parties looking everywhere for our hero. I had become so dedicated to finding Percy that I would only sleep for about two hours every night. Every time there was a knock on the cabin door my head perked up but was always put down again with bad news.

It had been two or maybe three weeks now and everyday I would cross off a day on the calendar. I was a depressed teenager. I never smiled. I never laughed and I have hated myself ever since.

There was a knock on the door and my head lifted itself automatically. Someone walked in. I wasn't aware who it was until they spoke.

"Annabeth!" Clarisse spoke with a monotone. She had been affected badly too. Even though she wouldn't admit it, she liked Percy. She was upset that he had gone. "We found him!" her voice was sad when she said that.

"Oh it's okay.. wait you said you found him?" I shouted waking up every Athena child. I grabbed my shoes and ran strait through the door. Not looking back, I went to the infirmary. Now I realised why she was sad. He looked pale. So pale. Paler than Nico, which is saying something. He had cuts and blood stained clothes. He looked so dead that I had to check his pulse before realising, with a sigh, that he was alive, but barely.

I acted on instinct. I grabbed nectar and ambrosia and the first aid kit. I started wrapping up bandages all over his cuts but not before pouring on some nectar and feeding him ambrosia. Once the ambrosia past his lips some colour returned to his cheeks. My mind was somewhere else and my hands where doing all the medical stuff. I didn't even know I knew this much about medical equipment but I checked his temperature, made sure he was breathing okay and kept checking his pulse. When I was sure he could heal on his own now I packed away everything and turned around.

Only then did I realise I still had my PJ's on and the entire Apollo cabin was looking at me in shock. I ignored them and sat down in the chair next to the bed and fell asleep. Just before I drifted off I felt someone wrap a blanket around me.

Percy POV..

I woke up remembering everything that had happened. The ring. The fire. The pen. I heard a sound off to my left and saw a girl with curly blonde hair wrapped up in a blanket sleeping. When she opened her eyes I could imagine bright grey irises sparking wisdom. I dreamt I was dying and I welcomed it. But if I had died. Why would Annabeth be here?

I got up only to feel searing pain in my legs. Oh yeah. The extremely long walk. Where had I walked to? Where did they find me? Why did they find me?

I swung my legs over the side of the bunk ignoring the pain and stood up. I left the room and looked around. No-one was up. It must be early morning then. I walked around and found myself in the exact spot where I had thrown my love away. Literally.

The sword arena hadn't been tidied. The weapons lay in a heap in the corner and armour was scattered around. I walked up to the top seat in the amphitheatre and waited for everyone to wake up. I wasn't hungry either but I knew I hadn't eaten in weeks.

Far off, in the direction of the infirmary there was a scream. That seemed to wake up every camper. There were people running towards the infirmary in their pyjamas. It was funny.

When they found out what had happened they came out of the building and started running around searching the place. There was a ledge just behind me which I decided to stand on to watch the commotion. I had also grabbed a dagger from the pile of weapons and saw it was a stygian iron dagger. It glowed black in the morning sun.

The message had obviously been quite important because the Olympians had flashed in. Poseidon looked hurt and worried. Aphrodite was looking around wildly. Finally she spotted me or the dagger and pointed in my direction to the others.

Annabeth was running about frantically and looked at where Aphrodite was walking to. Spotting me she ran in my direction and fell into step with a frantic goddess. When they got in hearing range, I looks at the weapon more carefully. The handle had a picture of an angel engraved into the celestial bronze.

I hoped my voice wouldn't fail me when I spoke. "Bye" was all my voice would allow. And then I plunged the dagger into the place I thought my heart was. I think it worked because my breath hitched and the world became blurry as I lost my balance and fell towards the earth.