Chapter 6

School was over and I was heading out the front doors.

The brick path was flooded by students leaving to go home.

"Oi Luz!" I looked up to see Mia and Amelia standing at the end of the path waving at me.

I smiled walking over to them. They both wore the same white T and camo pants I did. Guess everybody had the same feeling of not being to separate as I did.

"Hey guy's what's up? What are you doing here?"

I wouldn't even begin to know why they were at my school. My best guess, they were here for an education.

"We were just thinking now that were out of the war we could go and grab a drink or something."

Wow I was way off.

"Since when do you drink Mia?" I laughed remembering all the times the general's let us take a few shots to celebrate our wins and Mia would always decline. Even if there was practically no Vodka in it.

"Since an Aperol Float existed!"

Amelia bursted out laughing from Mia's remarks on what her idea of a 'good' alcoholic beverage was.

"Sure I'll go. But as designated driver." I flicked the two on the forehead, crossing my arms.

"LUZZZZZZZZ!" I turned around once again to see Willow, Gus, Amity, and Boshca walking towards us.

"Hey guys. Where's Skara?"

The four stopped infront of me, Boshca's hand intertwined with Willows, a small smirk finding it's way on my face.

"Oh she's working on homework. Who are they?" Gus pointed behind me to Amelia and Mia.

"Oh these are my buddy's from war. Amelia, Mia, meet Amity, Gus, Willow, and Boshca. Amity, Gus, Willow, Boshca, meet Mia and Amelia." I said while running out of breath.

"Nice to meet you both." Amity folded her hands infront of her, addressing the two.

"Just as we would always tell Luz, no need to be so formal!" Amelia folded her arms rolling her eyes while smiling.

She always hated formal.

"Well what are doing today Luz?" Willow said.

"Oh Mia, Amelia, and I were going to go get a drink!" I smiled putting my hand behind my neck.

"Oh! You guys should join us!" Mia chirped out.

"YES PLEASE! I mean- yeah I'm down." Boshca coughed into her fist, averting her eyes to the sky.

"I don't know. It's probably not that safe if we all get drunk. A giant group of drunk young adult's wandering the streets isn't really the best idea." Amity folded her arm's tilting her head.

"And that is why I am designated driver." I put a finger gun under my chin smirking at the small group.

Amity thought for a second looking over to her other friend's who were nodding vigorously.

"Fine. When and what bar." Amity put her hand on her face sighing.

I grabbed out a pen and pulled Amity's hand towards me as a heavy blush spread across her face.

Writing down a time and adress of the first bar I couldn't think of I put the cap back on the pen.

"There. That place at 5:00. Gives us plenty of time to have fun." I smiled at the bunch putting the pen back into my backpack as Amity stared at her wrist.

"Alright. Everybody go home and get ready, then meet up at the bar. It's in the human realm so please try not to get lost, and if you do call me." I made sure to make direct eye contact so they know I'm serious.