Chapter 14

Some smut warning.
Skip if you want there's nothing important in this chapter.

Lord have mercy on my soul.

Luz's POV:

I pulled up to the front of Blight Manner, stepping out of the vehicle.

I was going to get an earful for this one.

I almost kind of wished I had stayed with Amity.

But, I don't regret what I did to that bitch.

He hurt Amity, then had the nerve to say that he only wanted her body.

How low can you go?

I knocked on the front door, nerves taking over me.

What if she hates me?

Thoughts ran through my head, while the bushes rustled from the night wind.

Then the door swung open...

I looked at her bashfully.

She looked composed, like always. Her face wasn't red anymore, her hair was fixed, and she looked annoyed.

Oh I fucked up.

Her eyebrows furrowed together as she stepped aside to let me in.

She shut the door behind me.

The manner was quiet. The only light source was the two small lamps she had turned on in the seating area.

There was a book face down on the coffee table, with all the stuff I left behind, beside it.

I could either assume she was waiting for me, or she was just trying to have a relaxing night.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the couch, sitting across from me.

I didn't say anything.

What was I supposed to do?

Say something Luz.

This is too awkward.

"Hey- Uhm. I'm sorry I left so suddenly..." I spoke while not making eye contact.

I was staring at the coffee table.

I glanced up at her.

She had an emotion on her face I couldn't read. She was trying to cover it up.

Amity looked at me blankly before speaking.

"That's the thing. Why did you leave?" She asked with little hesitation.

"Well I..."

"Luz, tell me why you left."

I know she wanted to know why I left so suddenly.

It was probably weird that I kissed her on the cheek then left with no explanation, leaving everything I owned behind.

"Luz."

She repeated in a softer tone.

I turned my gaze away from her.

Here we go.

I took in a deep breath.

I didn't want to tell her, but I knew it's for the better. I just didn't want Amity to be angry at me for doing what I did to Zander.

Back And Here To Stay (Lumity Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें