Chapter 9

Amity's Pov:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Okay breath Amity! It's fine! Luz understands, right?

Small thuds could be heard from my footsteps as I sped walked down the carpeted hall's.

'You didn't do anything wrong. You were going to grab a hair tie and it just happened that Luz was in that exact bathroom.'

Changing...

I mean- being honest. She loooked really good...

Not in a creepy way of course!

It's just that after the war she gained muscle.

She kinda had to if she even wanted a chance of surviving.

I turned the corner, heading into my room and closing the door.

I screamed as loud as I could to get the panic out of me.

Sure, this was a very soundproof house, but that didn't stop me from thinking that people could hear my scream from earth.

Luz is way more defined then when she had first left when we were kid's.

Waaayyyy more defined.

Not saying I like her better now just because she's muscular! It's just... nice?

She was wearing camo pants and a sports bra. How is that not the hottest thing ev-

NO AMITY!

You can't think about that. She's your best friend, and it's been like that for years now.

Even if I wish it wasn't.

I felt a twinge of pain in my chest.

I made my way over to my closet, pulling out a small brown box from under my clothes.

I kept this box for year's.

Every single time Luz sent me a letter I would save it in this box after reading it.

I kept every single ink filled paper she had sent.

Some could tell me it's dumb, and that I could just throw it out, but... It always made me think of her. It always made me know she cared.

I don't know if she saved my letters, but I hoped she did.

I pulled out a letter from the bottom of the box, one with a blue stamp that previously kept the envelope shut.

Unfolding the paper, I quickly glanced over the word's inside.

"Dear Amity Blight

I really wish I could see you again.

With every passing day it gets a little harsher over here. Training gets a little more intense everytime the sun comes up.

At the time that I'm writing this, you may already be alseep. Sure isn't like that for me.

Everybody I bunk with is messing around and telling joke's.

They keep trying to snach the paper from my hand and read what I'm sending you.

There really is no/\_____

Sorry, Amelia just hit my pen. It's hard to write with this commotion.

Anyways, how are you? Have thing's gotten better?

Sincerely: Luz Noceda"

Even though the letter was somewhat short, it was my favorite.

I remember when I first got that letter I was filled with so much relief knowing she was having fun, messing around with all her buddy's.

I think that was around the first five months Luz had been in the army.

And even though Amelia messed up her writing, causing her to make a line across the page, I still think the letter is perfect.

Knock knock

"Amity come on! Were going to be late!"

Boscha's voice could be heard on the other side of the door as a quickly slid the box back into my closet.

"Coming!"

I took a quick glance around my room, looking for a hairtie.

And of course...

There was one on my night stand. Why the hell wouldn't there be? I only notice these thing after walking in on my childhood crush while she's changing.

I swiped the hair tie of the nightstand, quickly putting my hair in it's classic half up half down style.

I ran downstairs as fast I could, making it to the living room where everyone was waiting for me.

I couldn't look Luz in the eye's. I kept my head down and walked out the door as fast as I could, with everybody following close behind.

"What's up with you two? You're both acting weird."

Willow made a gesture to me and Luz while we walked down the path of Blight Mannor.

I stayed silent for a few seconds before Luz spoke up.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it, really."

Luz pulled out the keys to the car that she had first drove here in, unlocking it.

"I call shotgun!" Gus screamed out while running to the car.

"What the hell does that mean?" Boscha said in an irritated tone.

"I don't know. Luz would always back then." Gus shrugged while getting into the front seat.

It's going to be a long day.

Have a good day, and thanks for reading!

Short chapter!