"Lucy, wait! I haven't dismissed you yet!" Jude was not pleased with her lack of manners. Who does she think she is? "Your time in the demon kingdom has ruined you, child. You'll have to go through your conditioning immediately!"

"Fuck the conditioning! Fuck this stupid kingdom! And fuck you!" Virgo held Lucy back as the blonde started throwing the objects on the table, a vase almost hitting Jude right in the face.

She continued to struggle in Virgo's hold, blindly throwing whatever she could get her hands on, plates, utensils, vases… why were there so many vases!? Whatever, she just needed to get her anger out!

Jude watched in shock, he'd never seen her act like this. He stood to confront her, but Virgo put her hand up, stopping him from getting any closer. "Let's go back to your room, Princess." Virgo began to guide her out of the dining hall.

"No! He did this! This is all his fault!" Lucy cried all the way to her room, struggling in Virgo's hold. As soon as they got in the room, the maiden shut and locked the door behind them before laying Lucy down on the bed.

"Princess… why are you unhappy?" Lucy had never been this distraught before, and Virgo truly couldn't understand it. Jude had said that Lucy was being held hostage, that she'd only fought against the angels because the demons would kill her if she didn't. After the curse was put on the demon king, Virgo had spent every night at the outskirts of the castle waiting to assist Lucy in her escape. 

"I want to be with Natsu!" Lucy repeated over and over, burying her face in the pillows. 

"Why? Did he not cause you harm?"

"No! I love him, Virgo! I love him so much, and father won't let me be with him!" 

Virgo watched the blonde sob, completely helpless. Jude lied to her? Why..? 

"Princess… it'll be okay…"

"No it won't! What am I gonna do? Father made all of the Tartaros staff hate me, and without Natsu, there's no one to stop them from possibly executing me!" Lucy turned over to look up at the ceiling, her tears flowing down her cheeks. "If I leave again, another war will start… Maybe it's for the better- I only seem to make Natsu's life harder… He doesn't deserve this, my Natsu…" 

Virgo sighed, she wouldn't have brought Lucy to the estate if she knew things would be this way. "You should go back to sleep. I'll see what I can do to help you." 

Lucy shook her head, slowly moving to sit up. "Wait… could you bring me some food? I desperately need to eat, but I'm not going back out there…"

The maiden nodded as she left the room, making her way to the kitchen. Jude made a grave mistake, and she would not let him get away with it. After fixing a salad for Lucy to eat, Virgo took out her phone to make a special call. 

~

"Is she done with her little tantrum?" Jude looked over to the untouched plate of food at the other end of the table. He had asked for Lucy to join him for dinner so they could talk properly, and Virgo said she'd come when she's ready. His patience was running thin, though, his daughter has been acting out of line a lot lately. 

Virgo narrowed her eyes at the king, he'd been on her bad side lately. She saw Lucy entering the room out of the corner of her eye and immediately rushed to escort her to a seat. The princess had yet to change out of her nightgown, her hair a mess and her face flushed and stained with tears. 

"Lucy, I would like for you to apologize for your behavior earlier."

"No."

Jude scowled at her, but his face fell when he realized Lucy was completely uninterested. "What do you want, father? Just get it over with." She slumped in her seat, rubbing at her moist eyes.