★ 𝚢𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚊𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

"So was what we have fake? Just like your stupid identity." Jay sighed, holding the knife in his fist. He wasn't holding the handle when doing so.

"Far from fake, water lily. I genuinely like you," he replied, voice smooth as butter as he controlled his anger and chuckle, looking down at the blade in his fist. Nya was happy that them was real. Her stomach fluttered as he said that he liked her.
"You really don't know how this works do you?" He raises a brow, looking up and brushed his hair out of the way with the knife. She wondered if he scratched himself or cut his hair. She wanted to check and caress him, but then again, he was an imposter. He betrayed her.

As if her piercing glare couldn't get more intense, it did. Jay knew it was a façade. He sensed her fear. Something her learned in his training of being the best imposter he could be. Not many lived long enough as they would get ejected frequently, then get fired if so. "What do you mean?"

"You might want to sit down, hun." For some reason, she obeyed. Sitting right beside him. The more she heard those ragged breaths emitting from his mouth, the more she regretted her actions. Nya dared to stand up so she could look down on him, feel some sort of leverage that was fully non-existent. He had power over her at that moment. Standing up would not end well. So she sat in her seat, trying to get comfortable.

"Half of those people on our ship were imposters. There's two high commission bases, good and bad. Yin and Yang, if you will. Fighting in a galaxy war for years. Then millions of space shuttles got released from a secret headquarters, opportunities for the good base to fix them up."

"Then you kill people."

"No interrupting my story," he warned, knife near her neck. She held her breath but stayed still. He smirked, loving the fear that grew in her eyes. He decided to move it away from her neck, he didn't want to lose her. Instead he continued his story.

"The yin side decided that this was a golden opportunity to clean out the yang side. Some are imposters like you, a crewmate, just to gain info. Others change time to time and the rest-"

"Are imposters full time." She chimed in. This time she wasn't threatened for doing so.

He nodded. "I am interchangeable depending whether or not the commission sends me a job."

"Then you killed everyone."

His smirk grew tucking the knife away, not even bothering to clean it. "It's part of the business."

"You could've told me," she let out a huff, crossing her arms. More relaxed since the blade was out of sight.

"Baby," He started, standing up to get another suit, "if I was allowed to, I would've." Taking off the holster, he zipped down the zipper to his hips and got out. She looked away, not wanting to be attracted with the enemy.
"I don't want this to come between us," he murmured, grabbing another blue suit that was there

She stood up, walking toward him. "We've been together for how long? A year?"

"Fifteen months and twenty days to be exact," he corrected, fixing his boot, looking up at her disappointed expression.

"How did you get away without me knowing?"

He chuckled, a surprise to him as well as he stood up. Suit still open, his abs shining on display. Nya couldn't lie, she stared at them before he could notice. But he did. Luckily, he didn't make a comment about it, instead continued to what they were talking about. A conversation played out in his head for months as soon as they got together.
"I wouldn't kill, but let the other imposter do so. Even when I did kill, I made sure the body was gone before anyone found it; including you." He was about to zip up the suit till a certain comment stopped him.

"Then why didn't you kill me yet?"

It would've been easy for him to kill her. Many opportunities but none taken.
For once, he was scared. Scared that he would be told to kill off his only true love. "I can't." He trailed his gaze from his suit to her. "Losing you would kill me." He hated thinking about the day where the commission would send him an order to eliminate her. "I'm gonna be honest, I tried to. When you had your back facing me, I was tempted to follow orders to kill all crew mates but I could never seem to even raise a weapon at you." His eyes became glossy, thinking about one day he might find her body bloody and lifeless.
Just like Lloyd's.
Vania's.
Skylor's.

Nya heard the fear wavering in his voice. "I believe you," she whispered.
They weren't supposed to be together. It was against the code of yin and yang. Both sides agreed that no sexual relationships should be made between them. 

That didn't stop neither of them.

He pulled her in for a kiss, grabbing her face and pressing it against his.
As if she sensed it coming, she let it happen. This is what she should be feeling. The euphoric explosion in her chest not guilt. He was the only one who made her feel this way. He was the only one that made her connect with her emotions.
His hands slid down to her mid back, bringing her flush against him. And his chest was still exposed. His fingers dug into the suit but it was too thick to feel her.

"Off," he instructed, a mumble that was almost incomprehensible before occupying his lips with hers.

"Here?" She asked.

A stupid smirk played on his lips. "It's closed off. No one can track us."

And so she zipped off her suit.