Chapter Thirty

"Top of the morning, Momo!" Aang said happily. We all stood around and smiled politely at the Avatar.

"Sounds like you slept well." Katara said said as she straightened up. Aang's arms wrapped around me and I giggled.

"Like a baby moose lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord." I cupped his cheeks and lightly kissed him before turning back to Toph.

"So, what's your strategy for taking him down?" Toph said smiling and raises her hands to her eyes, her fingers wiggling outward in a mimicry of the Avatar State. "Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action!" I felt Aang stiffen then he looked down.

"I can't. When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe."

"You know what I just heard? Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo blah, blah, something about space."

"Meaning he can't enter the Avatar state it's locked."

"Oh, no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?"

"No. That is the invasion!"

We were at the shoreline where Aang, Toph, and I stand by the water. They utilize earthbending to raise rock from beneath the water and form a dock. The last Water Tribe ship is coming into port. Katara and Sokka run over to Hakoda.

"You made it, Dad!" Katara said. I turn towards Aang as his arm slipped around my waist.

"Where you able to locate everyone I told you to find?"

"I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the "warrior type"." Hakoda turns his head slightly toward the two swamp dwellers. Tho and Due descend the wooden ramp from the ship.

"Oooh-whee! This place ain't nothing like a swamp. What you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of Fire Nation exploding trap what eat ya?" I snort slightly and then felt Aangs arm tighten his hand on my hip.

"It's just a rock, Due."

"Well, I'll be."

"Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf-hat?" Hakoda watched the swamp folk and grimaced.

"I just wish they would wear pants." Bato said.

"Pants are an illusion, and so is death." I tilt my head and sighed at Huu. Hakoda, Katara, and Bato appearing less than reassured; Sokka, on the other hand, grins widely.

Later Katara, Aang, Toph, and I along with several Foggy Swamp members clustered by the shore, talking among themselves.

"Hi, Katara." The boy smiles, now sporting a small mustache and goatee.

"Haru!" Katara runs over and embraces him. "It's so good to see you!"

"Toph, Ardema, this is Haru. When we met him, his town was controlled by the Fire Nation. So he had to hide his earthbending." I smiled and waved.

"Katara inspired me and my father to take back our village." Haru to Katara who blushes and looks away.

"You helped us find our courage, Katara. Now we're here to help you."
Toph suddenly senses someone on her left. She angrily turns and takes a fighting stance.

"No way! Is that-" She is lifted off the ground by two big arms. I look up and grip Aangs shirt slightly seeing the Big Bad Hippo, a former competitor at Earth Rumble VI. He is joined by the Boulder, another former competitor. The Hippo hugs Toph.