Chapter Twenty-Four

"What happened?" I stirred awake from my slumber and turned to Aang. It was as if he didn't notice me. "Oh no!" He leaves the room, carefully creaking open the door and peering outside for any sign of Fire Nation soldiers.

    I followed him as he used his glider as a crutch, Aang stumbles across the hall, occasionally leaning on the wall for support due to being weak. He stops at a turn in the hallway upon hearing two guards, who is actually Pipsqueak and The Duke, talking to each other.

"You hear something?" Aang retreats behind the wall, where he dons a determined look and quickly steps out to send a weak air blast at them, which only ruffles their clothes, and moves past the hallway. "He's awake! Stop! Wait!"

     Aang manages to reach the deck of the ship, however, he stumbles on the stairway and drops his staff. It slides over to where Hakoda and Bato, disguised as Fire Nation soldiers, are petting Momo. I sighed and helped him to his feet.

"Momo? Ardema?" I smiled softly at him and gently rubbed his back. As Momo runs toward Aang, jumps on his shoulder and licks his face. Toph and Katara, standing near the edge of the ship, hear the events.

"Twinkle Toes! That's got to be you!"

"Aang, you're awake!" The two girls race over to him.

"Are you sure? I feel like I'm dreaming."

"You're not dreaming. You're finally awake." I whispered putting both my arms around his torso he smiled softly down at me and then I noticed he didn't look okay.

"Aang, good to see you back with the living, buddy!"

"Sokka?" Breathes heavily, appears to be passing out.

"Uh-oh, somebody catch him, he's going to-" I held him as I sunk to my knees holding his head on my lap, the entire group, including Appa, surrounding Aang and I.

After about an hour Aang is awake once again. He sits in front of me, as I sat in my meditation pose. We were surrounded by Toph, Katara, and Sokka. Appa rests behind them. Aang receives a robe to cover him.

"Why are we on a Fire Nation ship? Why is everyone dressed this way? And why am I the only one who's completely out of it?" The others left and I moved closer to my boyfriend.

"You need to take it easy, okay? You got hurt pretty bad. I like your hair." I said leaning closer. I bit my lip and reached out to touch it.

"I have hair? How long was I out?" I smiled at him as he touched his hair.

"A few weeks. Maybe we should go upstairs. You need a healing session." I said with a soft smile as he groaned. His eyes met mine and he nodded. I helped him to his feet and let him lean on me as we walked to our room.

    I began to bend some water onto the scar left by Azula's lightning attack.

"Tell me where the pain feels most intense." I said the water was mixed with my tears because it seemed the spirit water helped very little.

"Mmm, a little higher. Uhhh!" Aang briefly flashes to the battle where he rises into the Avatar State.

"Wow, you're definitely in the right area there." I bit my lip.

"I can feel a lot of energy twisted up around there." I began to remove the water. "Let me just see if I can-" Aang again flashes back to the battle, to the moment where he was attacked, before moving on to the scene where Katara and I is looking over him, crying. After that, he snaps back to reality.

"I went down! I didn't just get hurt, did I? It was worse than that. I was gone! But you brought me back."

"I just used the spirit water from the North Pole. I don't know what I did exactly. And then we'll I cried and glowed and the tears.." I moved the water completely and looked down.