Chapter Thirty Five

The next morning at the Western Air Temple. I woke up still cuddled against Aang, who was still asleep on Appa. I moved to get up just as he wakes up, yawning and rubs his eyes. I giggled at his cuteness and leaned down kissing his cheek.

The birds suddenly fly away as a bomb is launched their way, splashing through the waterfall fountain. I jump up with Aang, suddenly alert, before he rises and uses his glider to airbend the bomb away.Two more bombs pelt the building, waking everyone completely.

"Be careful!" I shouted at Aang, his back to me, as he races toward the edge of the building, glider in hand. A Fire Nation airship comes into view.

The bow of the airship launches another bomb that sails through the air and crashes into a nearby bridge. I jump to help Aang, who had ran back to the campsite, Appa following close behind, and we use airbending to force the large, ceiling-high metal doors surrounding their site to close. Several bombs continue to assail the temple.

A portion of the ceiling roof, as it begins to crumble and finally caves in.
Katara standing directly beneath the crumbling ceiling. She looks up, alarmed, only to be pushed out of the way by Zuko.

"Watch out!" I watched their interaction before looking at Aang.

"It's Azula isn't it?" He nodded slightly. I grumbled in irritation and nodded. Toph and Haru, who have created the exit way using earthbending in the wall.

    "Come on! We can get out through here!" Toph yelled. Everyone, besides Aang , Zuko, and I enter the tunnel.

"What are you doing?"

    "Go ahead! We'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit." Zuko said before running off. I followed him, ignoring Aang's shouts.

Debris continues to fall to the ground as Zuko and I race toward the doors and leap over to the other side just as another piece of the door falls and shatters. One bomb is launched and lands several feet before him where it detonates. Thick gray plumes of smoke rise; after a brief moment, Zuko emerges from the smoke cover, unharmed. I followed suit letting my flames lift me into the air.

Zuko firebends a large blast from his hand. Zuko standing near the edge of the temple, looking at the airships. A podium-like devise suddenly rises; standing atop it is Azula, who has an evil, maniacal grin on her face. I glared at her and felt my flames wrap around my body.

    "What are you doing here?" I said angrily.

    "You mean it's not obvious yet? I am about to celebrate becoming an only child!" Azula kicks a large blast of flame at our brother. Zuko dodges and runs backward into the temple, but falls. I sent several blasts to my sister as Zuko readies himself. He runs toward the airships.

As he jumps toward the ship, he sends several shots toward Azula, but fails to hit her and jumps onto the airship. He falls down into the misty floor below. I jump onto the airship and throw constant blows at my sister before swiping my feet under her. I collected lightening just as she jumped up and kicked me back.

"Ardema!" I watched the lightening cackle around my body as flashbacks of her hurting Aang entered my head. I stand back up quickly to release the lightening only to be blown back by her lightening meeting mine. I screamed out of a slight pain scorching my hand

Appa flies through to the outside of the temple, covered by a shield of rock in front. I felt my back land on the saddle and stood up absorbing the heat from my burn. I began to generate lightening once more.

"Katara move now!" I said, she moved just as I squat down sending a large stream of rainbow colored lightening directly at the war ballon. My sister fell off as I left my stance and stood on Appa's back. I watched Zuko began to fall and immediately jumped to the reigns and pulled Appa to Zuko. Zuko is caught by Katara, but Azula is left falling.