Chapter Twenty

"Ardema." Aang whispered in my ear. I cuddled closer and wrapped my legs around him tight like a spider monkey.

"I stay here." I mumbled he laughed lightly and I noticed we were getting off Appa.

"Hey! You guys picked a great campsite. The grass is so soft." I giggled.

    "That's not grass." Sokka said and watched me jump down from
Appa's head.

"Appa's shedding." I heated up my body slightly and smiled.

    "Oh, gross!" I look to Aang, who was still sitting on Appa, a bluebird perched on his head and a yellow butterfly fluttering past. Momo jumps up in an attempt to catch the butterfly.

    "That's not gross, it's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa gets a new coat." I smiled and went to change behind a tree.

    "Ah, the beauty of spring." Appa, who had currently been grooming himself, sneezes, releasing a thick cloud of fur.

    "Stop! Appa, stop! Ugh!" Katara yells. I snorted as I finished changing and walked back.

    "It's not that bad, Katara." Sokka says. He turns to reveal a wig made of fur. "It makes a great wig!"

    "And a great beard!" I giggle walking over to my boyfriend as him and Sokka laugh while pointing at each other.

    "I'm ust glad we finally have another girl in the group, because you two are disgusting. Ardema is losing her senses."

    "Excuse me, does anyone have a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!" Toph said. She raises her arms, revealing that she had stuffed fur in her sleeves. Aang sneezes, sending himself and sadly me flying backward.

The big sneeze causes us to crash against Appa's leg and for fur to blow off our friends and us. The impact leaves some fur on our backs. We continue to laugh joyfully, causing Katara to chuckle slightly.

Later in the evening the group is setting up camp. Aang sets up the tent while Sokka throws down a pile of firewood he collected. I'm fixing it to light a fire. Katara, who spends her time stirring around water in a pot, notices Toph slumped lazily against a rock, chewing a piece of wheat. She approaches her.

    "So Toph, usually when setting up camp, we try to divide up the work."

    "Hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go."

    "Well, actually what I'm trying to say is, some of us might fetch water, while someone else might set up the fire pit, or put up the tent. Even Momo does his fair share."

    "Katara, I'm fine. I can carry my own weight. I don't need a fire, I've already collected my own food and look, my tent's all set up." I puff out my cheeks as I listen in and light the fire, pretty flames.

    "Well, that's great for you, but we still need to finish -"

    "I don't understand what's the problem here!" I jumped accidentally turning the fire white before settling it down back to red. I threw some new wood in then walked away.

    I was watching Aang and holding a now cleaner Momo, I was warming him up since he just had a bath. Aang was standing atop Appa, he uses airbending to lift the saddle. He mistakenly causes it to land directly on top of Sokka, who had been standing on the ground beside the bison. I howl in laughter causing Aang to look down at me and then help Sokka.

    "Sorry!"

Later that night Toph runs out of the tent. Waking everyone up. I groan and cuddle closer to Aang.