Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING

Start from the beginning

Scott arrives at the basement of the school and finds coyote Malia hiding behind shelves, growling at him. Scott slowly walks towards her, "Malia, it's okay. You're safe." Coyote-Malia keeps growling at Scott as Lydia, Natalie, Charles and Sheriff Stilinski walk in.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." Scott said calmly and Malia growled again, "I think she's is calming down." Scott said and Stilinski looks a tiny scared of Malia's growling. "Maybe you should growl back?" He suggested and Malia growls one more time making Natalie jump slightly as Sheriff looks at Scott desperately.

"Scott, you're the Alpha. Can you just make a little more docile?" He asked and Lydia shook her head, "She's not the problem. We are. This is her territory. We need to get out of here." Lydia said as Malia growled again and Scott nodded. "Yes. C'mon." Scott said before the five of them walk around the shelved.

"Malia came here to get to the full moons. Then we got to the lake house." Lydia said making her mom look at her confused, "I thought you said a wild animal got in the lake house." She asked and Lydia sighed softly.

"Just be happy for the things I don't tell you." Lydia mumbled and then their attention gets turned to Malia walking and she slowly transforms back into her human form and the men dodges their attention since Malia is naked. "It's alright. I'm okay." Malia said and Natalie sighed in relief before giving Malia her clothes back while Charles looks at Scott and Lydia questioningly.

"Any idea what made her shift?" He asked and Scott shrugged slightly, "She's under a lot of pressure. School, her life after graduation." He listed and Lydia nodded, "Her mom trying to kill her." She said and Scott looked at her, "That shouldn't make her shift." He said but then realization crossed over his features.

"Could it be connected to Stiles and Odie?" He asked and she sighed and shrugged, "Hard to tell since we don't know what an "Odie" or "Stiles" is." She said and Stilinski and Charles both perk up slightly.

"It's a "he"." Stilinski said making Scott and Lydia look at him confused. "Who?" Scott asked. "Stiles. It's a family nickname. I never used it, but... my father did." Stilinski said and Charles nodded slightly, "Odie is short for Odette. It was Grant's mother's ne but everyone called her Odie." He said making Scott and Lydia look at each other wide eyes.

Scott and Lydia sit in front of Stilinski, Charles and Grant at the Stilinski house hold as Claudia, Stilinski's wife, looked around for something. "My mother was a Werewolf like me and was born into the Alarie family. My father took her name when they married because if the history behind it." Grant explained and Lydia nodded slightly.

"And her nickname was Odie?" Lydia asked and Grant nodded, "It was a nickname Charles' grandfather gave her. Damn near everyone called her it." He said and Scott sighed softly. "If there anyway we could talk to her?" He asked and Charles and Grant looked at each other and chuckled.

"Sure... if you know french and you have an ouija board." Grant said naming the teen's eyes widen, "She's dead..." Lydia trailed off and Grant nodded. "She died about twelve years ago." He said as Claudia walked back into the room, handing Stilinski a box.

"Thanks, honey." He said as Claudia takes a seat next to her husband before he starts explaining about his father's life. "He was an army engineer." He said as he takes out a photo of his father and hands it to Scott, "He ended the war, one bridge at a time."

"He went by "Stiles?" He asked and Stilinski nodded, "So what's this got to do with the Wild Hunt?" He asked and Scott and Lydia looked at each other before Scott sighed softly. "We think that two people were taken from us." He said and Charles raised his eyebrows, "Any idea who?" He asked and Scott sighs and hesitates before he gives an answer.