Chapter 69: Ceiling

At that moment, I remembered a mass of hair hanging from a different ceiling that had nearly scared me to death before, so when I looked up and saw a shadow reflected by the flashlight, goose bumps rose all over my body. At the same time, I almost reflexively leaned to one side.

However, I immediately found that I didn't see anything but some water pipes and a small hanging lamp.

I found it odd and carefully swept my flashlight in a circle on the ceiling, but no one was there. Just then, the voice came from the ceiling.

"I'm talking from your room. When it was first built, the effects of sound transmission from your room and this dark room were specially designed so that I could stay abreast of any occasional developments from above."

I knew immediately what was going on. Damn it, in this case, he could hear the whole process of me dismantling the computer with my classmate. No wonder he ran away.

Oh, I'm so stupid. Such a cautious person wouldn't make such a low-level mistake. Monitoring all of Uncle Three's movements in his room must be a last resort.

I took a deep breath and asked, "Who are you?"

"I know you can hear my voice, now you have half an hour to clarify your situation. I closed the two tunnels to that room so you're already trapped." The other side said. The sound was particularly dull with this mode of transmission, and I couldn't recognize any specific sound characteristics.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I shouted.

"You are not Wu Sanxing. Your appearance proves that he encountered a problem. I have to know what the problem is. When you understand your situation clearly, you can use the computer in front of you to answer my questions."

I let out another shout and suddenly realized that it was all wrong. It was very likely that he couldn't hear any sounds I made here, and it was only one-way monitoring; otherwise it would be like a phone call.

I immediately went to the computer. I knew what this person said didn't have to be verified and that the entrance must be blocked.

No wonder everything was gone. He must've removed everything here after hearing my conversation with my classmate.

But he left an email and didn't delete it. He wanted me to reply more easily. That's so fucking sweet.

I immediately wrote back:

"I heard, who are you?"

I waited for a moment before the other party came back:

"Who are you? This room is so airtight that you can't hear it outside. If you don't want to be trapped, you have to tell the truth."

I was about to answer when another email was quickly sent to me:

"You don't have much time, I can't stay too long. If you lie to me, I'll leave immediately. No one will ever know you're inside."

I secretly scolded, wondering what to do. How would he even know I was lying? He probably knew that I wasn't Uncle Three, and if I said I was, he would leave immediately. But who I was... should I be honest and tell him I was Wu Xie? Wasn't that revealing too much?

Although it wasn't a big deal to reveal the truth now, was it too weak of me to reveal it after such a scare?

I thought about it and immediately replied in an email:

"You won't know who I am when I tell you."

The other party returned almost immediately:

"I'll be the judge of that."