Chapter 29: Difficult to Distinguish True from False

I never expected to meet such a scene. Since the beginning of this mystery, there had never been such a thing as my companions not trusting me.

Along the way, I had always doubted this and that and now it was finally my turn to be doubted?

No, this is absolutely not possible. If my companions no longer trust me, then all I can rely on in this mystery will be gone. I immediately said to Fatty, "Ask questions and don't be fooled by him. If you have any doubts, ask me a question. "

Fatty looked at me and at the other Wu Xie. "Let him answer first and determine who's telling the truth," I said hastily.

Fatty's hand holding the gun slowly loosened and he walked up to me and said, "No, I believe my first feeling. Let's continue." He went up to the guy and said, "Let's have a tacit understanding. I'll ask you a question and if you can't answer, be good and tell the truth. How about it?"

The man looked at me and Fatty and suddenly shook his head: "No, you're right. There's no need to waste time."

Fatty grinned at me and the man suddenly said to me, "You tell this Fatty to go away and I'll tell you what this is all about."

Fatty fumed and scolded: "Boy, I thought if you could dress like this you must be a tough character. You sure changed real quick."

The guy laughed: "It's not that I'm not tough, I just don't think it's worth it because I'm on Master Three's side. But I can only tell Master Three. If you're here, I won't talk. If you don't believe me, you can try to extract a confession. If you kill me, you'll regret it when you learn the truth."

I glanced at Fatty and saw he still wanted to scold him. I thought it was a waste of time, so I made a gesture and asked him to accept it so we could know what the truth was quicker. Fatty walked bitterly towards the woods.

I turned to 'Wu Xie': "Don't fool me, it's meaningless for you to delay."

He looked at Fatty walking away and said, "Little Master Three, I'm not that simple, and things aren't as simple as you think."

I paused for a moment, then looked at the "me" who was looking back at me with a smile, and felt the atmosphere was different.

I didn't answer, wondering what was going on here. Did he find anything wrong with my disguise, or did he really know my true identity? I was only silent for a moment, however, when he added: "You don't have to think about it. Long-term thinking has already exposed the problem. Besides, I really know what's going on."

I didn't show any expression, just threw away the stone in my hand and found a place to sit down.

The man watched Fatty leave slowly and crouched down in the bush on one side before he said, "Little Master Three, I'm with Master Hua."

"Xiao Hua?"

He nodded: "Little Master Three, do you remember another man wearing a Master Three mask who went to dig out Wang Ba Qiu's nest behind his back? That person was me."

"Oh." I remembered. Indeed, in the Changsha incident, it wasn't me at all that played the decisive role, but a man I had never met, Xiao Hua's buddy. Xiao Hua had said that he didn't put any money on me during the whole gamble.

"I took part in Master's Hua's whole scheme." He said, "You may not be very impressed with me and in fact, this is not the first time we have met. To a large extent, we're old friends." When the other party said these words, the tone was surprisingly calm. "I worked in Master Three's store before, and I was the one that went to your shop to take inventory. You usually don't look straight at people's faces, so you didn't have much of an impression of me. Your buddy Wang Meng is a very good friend of mine. "