Chapter 14: Lake Monster

First, I went to the lake with Xiuxiu on an inflatable raft.

We soon arrived at the center and Xiuxiu went down into the water with a safety rope. On the lake, we saw several of Qiu Dekao's boats in the distance. Lights were blazing on one side of the bank and strange sounds could be heard, just like Pattaya in Thailand. Those noisy secular voices, filtered by the wind and the water's surface, sounded like an ethereal stillness in the far center of the lake.

This kind of feeling was wonderful, probably because the lake center was quiet, and the distant sound was blown to pieces by the wind and wrapped in the ear, seeming like a whisper from another world.

It was drizzling, and under the yellow light of the lantern, you could see the rain falling like cow hair. The lake water illuminated by the lantern was dark and had shallow waves, and the raft was swaying gently. The other boats were far away from us, looking like isolated lights floating on the water.

I watched the safety rope tied to Xiuxiu stretch tight, keeping an eye on the time and enjoying the strange feeling. If only everyone was safe at this time, then I could thoughtlessly watch beautiful women swimming, open a few bottles of beer, and lie on the boat in a daze, listening to the rain, wind, and voices.

After thinking about it, I rejected my own idea. At that leisurely time, I definitely wouldn't have any idea how to enjoy these things, and I would definitely want some excitement. Men are fucking bitches. (TN: yes that's what it translated as and I love it. Cracks me up every time I read it lol).

In the middle of my daze, the timer on one side suddenly rang. I looked at the lake and pulled the safety rope—Xiuxiu should be coming up.

But after pulling, I found the safety rope was loose. I gave a few hard tugs without any effort and was shocked. Did her safety rope break?

As I was thinking about whether something was wrong with her, I suddenly heard a "hello" from behind.

I quickly turned and saw Xiuxiu lying on the raft's side looking at me with a smile. The diving equipment was already hanging on the side, and her wet hair stuck to her skin. Her face was especially white against the black lake water, so white that one couldn't look away.

I breathed a sigh of relief and said, "You scared me to death. What's the matter, how did the safety rope break? "

She said: "I came up to see you in a daze and just wanted to scare you."

I walked over to pull her up, but she swam away, splashed in the lake, looked at me, and slowly said, "I don't want to get on the boat yet, do you want to come down and swim with me for a while?"

I gave a wry smile. The girl's character was really strange. I answered, "If we don't go back, they'll worry."

"If I were afraid of people, I wouldn't be here." Like a mermaid, she leaned close to the ship's rail in the water, "Come on, Brother Wu Xie, swim with me for a while."

I watched her white skin and slender body stretch in the water, and I really felt the urge to jump down and swim with her, but I wasn't really in the mood right now. I motioned with my hand, "Then you can swim a little longer and I'll wait for you here."

She looked at me helplessly, giggled, and went underwater. When she resurfaced, she was far away from the boat, and I only heard her cry: "so boring, you really will become an uncle."

I watched with a wry smile and lit a cigarette.

Beautiful and lovely girls always make people relaxed and happy, and I'm a little relieved at this time, however, I suddenly found that some places on the lake seemed different from before.