Chapter 15: Fatty in the Gap

Xiao Hua immediately whistled and yelled: "Get a shovel!" With a loud crash, several young men tore open their backpacks and rushed up, their movements quick. Pan Zi had obviously trained them very well.

As soon as they get near, they'll know what's going on. I was wearing a mask, and my identity was hidden, so I couldn't do anything but watch from the side. Under Xiao Hua's command, they immediately pried open the gap with a shovel and a brick hammer.

I soon found that although the color of the stone around the crack looked exactly the same as that of the rock, it was much softer. After a few moments, the stones around the crevice were all cracked and the men moved the gravel aside with their hands. The crack soon changed back to the width it was when I had climbed out of it, but then it became extremely difficult to enlarge any further.

I was surprised that the scene before me was a kind of concealment, and the gap was like a circle of rock growing from a wound. In fact, it wasn't stone at all, but looked exactly like it and had almost the same texture but was softer.

I didn't have time to think about it further as Fatty was dragged out, and an extremely unpleasant smell suddenly reached my nose. As he was dragged out, he didn't move and seemed completely unconscious.

Fatty was at least one fold thinner than the last time I saw him, and even looked lighter around the waist. He was covered in dark green mud and his eyes were as wide as death. I went up to feel his pulse, but fortunately it was still strong.

Several people rushed to carry him to a place with good air flow by the lake, but Fatty was so heavy that several people lacking strength dropped him, and he fell to the ground a few times, making me feel anxious.

Only when we dragged him to the lake and turned on the lantern did I fully see the sorry figure he cut. Fatty wasn't good-looking on a normal day, and was already very untidy at his most presentable. But now he seemed like a zombie just dug out of the coffin, with rotten clothes and covered in green mud. Xiao Hua rushed to get some lake water to clean him, and his exposed skin was full of rotten boils the size of eggs.

"Fuck, this is a sick pig." One of the guys whispered.

"Is he dead, why isn't he moving?" Someone patted Fatty on the face and I grabbed him. Xiao Hua called a doctor to come and examine him.

I saw Mute Sister come over. She gave me a look, tied up her hair, and bent over to examine Fatty. I didn't bother to avoid suspicion at this time and forced myself to watch from the side. Under the mask, my faced muscles jumped, but luckily they couldn't see.

Mute Sister cut Fatty's clothes and we all saw an amazing scene: Fatty's belly was full of countless bloody marks carved deeply.

Although it didn't seem to be in order, I could still tell at a glance that these marks had some very obvious patterns. Mute Sister carefully wiped Fatty's blood stains with a wet towel, looking for more fatal wounds. I watched the blood be wiped away and found that the wounds were extremely fine, forming a totem-like pattern on his belly one by one.

"Is this a word?" Someone said, "There are a few words written on his stomach." Mute Sister continued to check Fatty's stomach and saw that more wounds were covered by his clothes. Since the clothes were no longer usable, she cut them all the way off and I saw there were more scratches on his lower abdomen. The outline of the whole line really looked like words.

These wounds should have been made by a sharp object using moderate force upon the skin.

I picked up Fatty's hand, and sure enough, I saw he had bitten the fingernail of his thumb into a sharp point.