Chapter 36: The Mysterious Coffin Carried into the Ancient Building

He looked at me and the atmosphere was extremely silent. The tension in my heart became even more serious, and soon the tendons on my forehead began to jump. If it weren't for the mask, my expression would have shown my fear.

"I don't know." After a long silence, he finally spoke.

I was immediately relieved, and at the same time felt a burst of ecstasy in my heart.

This response showed two things: the first was that Leather Bag may have guessed right, and the purpose of the real team wasn't archaeology; the second was that my question didn't arouse his suspicions, and it would be much safer to ask questions later.

"You don't know?" I asked him, "There's no way you wouldn't know."

"We were all cheated." He said, "I'm afraid there aren't more than three people who know it. If we had known, maybe I wouldn't be like this." He suddenly looked up, "Didn't this matter come from your 'Chen Qing' group? You don't know?"

"Mmm." I made a judgment—this person didn't seem to belong to Uncle Three's faction. "Chen Qing group" is just a transliteration I heard. I don't know which three words it should be, but it must be one of them. "We don't know as much as you do."

"After all the hassle, nobody even knows what it's all for."

"But I'll know soon." I said. I wanted to test what he'd do to us next.

He made a few noises that were hardly laughter, and instead of answering my words, he said, "Did you not join us because you anticipated the result?"

"Does this result need to be predicted?" I said.

"Then why do you want your people to participate in this matter? You shouldn't even be here. You said that they've already ignored you, so you should never come to this place again. This doesn't make sense."

"There have been other changes."

"Is it because of those foreigners?"

I thought about it but I really couldn't explain what was going on. I came to Banai to find out about Poker-Face's origin. I didn't expect so many things to happen.

"In fact, it's for one person." I said, "Zhang Qilin."

I said Poker-Face's name and looked at his reaction. He suddenly laughed: "Impossible, you're joking."

"What's impossible?"

"Did you come back here for me?" He said, "Quit your bullshit."

I paused and suddenly felt blinded, as if I were struck by lightning. Looking at the person in front of me, my first reaction was that I wanted to run out immediately and jump off a cliff.

Under these circumstances, I almost collapsed in an instant. At that moment, I felt that the whole world was unreal, but fortunately, Fatty patted me in time and said, "Master Three, hold your horses."

"What?" The other asked, "Was I wrong?"

"I told Master Three not to joke with you. We can't afford to joke now." Fatty took the lead and gave me a hard pat, bringing me back to my senses.

I took a deep breath to hide my shock. I wasn't sure if I heard it wrong just now, so I hesitated and said, "You still remember your name. I thought you had already forgotten it."

"Our names have no meaning. Unlike your 'Chen Qing group', we have no past and no future, so I may be better off here. You think I've become so miserable, but I think it may be a good thing." He said, "Tell me, what is it that brings you into this matter?"