Demon Kings N̶i̶g̶h̶t̶m̶a̶r̶e̶s̶ on Earth. 3

"There comes a time in every demon's life when they-"

"Shut up!" 

Iblis and Azazel watched Astaroth uppercut Egyn into the next providence. Azazel sighed and patted Iblis's back. "Your brother, your problem."

"He's your brother too," Iblis said politely while watching Nezumi fly after the falling demon like an Inugami chasing a lost spirit.

"Yeah, but he's your twin," Azazel said, snickering as Egyn screamed. Nezumi took that as a good sign and threw him up into the air to catch him again.

"He said he favors you most, remember?" Nezumi violently shook its head. 

Azazel twitched his ears. "That was when we were children and he hasn't left your side since."

"No, no, I believe it was quite recently." Iblis reached out a hand and caught Egyn's fallen scarf.

Azazel stepped to the side as a giant blob of saliva fell next to him. "No, you were just arguing then. He apologized after and even brought you a sign of goodwill."

"Yeah, I did!" Egyn proclaimed, slowly rising out of the ball of spit. "So I'm your problem!"

Omoi floated closer to Astaroth and Amaimon, who were playing a game of cards. "Are they always like this, your Highnesses?"

"Yup," Astaroth said openly. "Always have been."

"It's true," Amaimon said, momentarily stopping the abuse of the empty dango stick in his mouth. "You should have seen them at last year's festival. Iblis-"

"Enough of that!" Iblis interrupted, his ears turning red. "We still have places to see! Where do you have planned next, Omoi?"

"Divine Punishment!"

Azazel and Astaroth pushed the others down and out of the way of a giant beam. "Holy light," Azazel hissed, patting his scorched tail.

"Fear of God!"

Amaimon turned to see a figure cloaked in white before an intense searing covered his body. 

Astaroth moved, filling the air even more with the sound of scrapping flesh, and covered Amaimon best he could. Nezumi was cloaking Egyn and Azazel was covering Iblis. 

"Move," Amaimon begged. "Please, you'll hurt even more-"

"Can't do that," Astaroth said, smiling. 

"Why not?!" 

"Because....." Astaroth began, his arms trembling. "You're my baby bro." Astaroth fell ontop of Amaimon just as the light disappeared. 

"Astaroth?" No response. Amaimon picked the demon up and titled his head. "Astaroth! Answer me!"

"Amaimon....he's asleep," Azazel said slowly, hovering a hand over Astaroth's head. "We have to get him back to the attic so he can cool down. Omoi, can you help?"

"Yes, Your Highness," the spirit sat ontop of Astaroth and covered the demon king in a light blue glow before lifting him up. 

"This way, and hurry," Egyn ordered, running in the closest direction to the temporary house.

Amaimon ran right behind Omoi, his eyes on Astaroth the entire time. Nezumi lifted Amaimon and set him on its back. Amaimon shuffled and squeezed the wyvern's neck. 

He was scared.

--------------------------

"Rin, you're awake!"