You Belong to Me, Human.

"Your father is a part of the Alliance..."

"What do we do now?"

"We hide."

•••••••••••

Maybelle was quite enjoying her life as a cat. Her form somehow affected Tom's behaviour too. He was almost showing being possessive over her little fluffy self.

Maybe it's a cat thing.

Tom was currently carrying her in his arms and walking towards professor Dumbledore's office. Though it had taken quite a lot of argument and a few insults, Maybelle had managed to make Tom talk with the professor instead of going to the headmaster.

Dippet was already informed about her leaving the school. Hogwarts was clearly unaware of her family's association with Grindelwald. The last thing she wanted was to become like Harry potter and cause a war in the school.

Tom entered Dumbledore's office, startling the old man. They didn't quite see eye to eye. Tom had this silent war going on with the professor and who could blame him? The old man had a habit of snooping around on others business.

"Ah, Mr Riddle. What brings you here?" Dumbledore asked, overcoming his initial shock.

Riddle shot a cold look towards him. He did not want to speak to him out of all people. But even his stubborn mind knew that it was their best option.

Maybelle flicked her tail side to side in anticipation. She had a hundred percent trust on the old man that he would help them. Now, if only the stupid leprechaun would cooperate.

"We need to discuss some urgent matter, professor Dumbledore. I apologize for barging in without a notice," Tom explained.

The professor merely smiled and gestured him to take a seat. Maybelle climbed off of his arms and settled herself on the professor's table. Hundreds of shiny trinkets was suddenly taking all of her attention

"I presume that you are well aware of the news about the Alliance?" Tom asked earning a nod from the professor.

"Then you must be aware of the involvement of the Williams family as well as the Wright family," he stated coldly.

"Unfortunately I do. But there is nothing I can do about it, Riddle. I am just a professor. I-"

"No you are not! You are more than just a professor, sir. You are the greatest wizard of all time and the only one who can defeat Grindelwald!"

Tom's outburst momentarily startled the professor as well as the cat who was in the middle of playing with Dumbledore's beard. Tom also looked quite taken aback. He cleared his throat in order to compose himself once again.

"They are targeting Maybelle Wright. They even tried to extract her magical essence through an enchanted necklace. This clearly indicates that Wright is very precious to them. She holds great power and we want her to be on our side if a war would break out," Tom finished at last.

If it was possible, Maybelle would have slow clapped for him. She swore that she saw Riddle turning a bit purple from holding his breath throughout the speech.

Maybelle glanced at the professor who had grown really quite. He looked deep in thought. His hand starting stroking her soft black fur and she was already in heaven.

Maybelle thought that it would be quite difficult to be a cat. But as time passed, she quite enjoyed being a little fur of pride and attitude. Her time as a puny human was boring. She absolutely hated physical contact.