The atmosphere is warm and touching but Mai found herself feeling so melancholic. She smiled bitterly as she watched their backs moving further and further away from where she sat.

***

Mai woke up the same time as the door of the office opened. A young man wearing black entered as Mai stood up from her seat. Seeing her boss’ grumpy face, she hurriedly walked towards the kitchenette to prepare some tea. The sad feeling still lingers on her heart as she stared at the kettle she filled with water.

“What is the matter with you?” Naru asked when he noticed the listless face of his assistant.

“Eh?” Mai snapped out of her daydreams as she look at her boss, who is glaring at her intensely.

'Uhm, okay..? What happened?'

“Why are you so gloomy?” Mai asked as she tilted her head to the side in confusion. Her reaction made Naru twitched in annoyance. A vein popped on his forehead and he tried to calm himself down by sipping his precious tea.

‘I should be asking you that, idiot.’

“So, how is your trip? Did you bring any souvenir for me?” Mai asked in a cheerful voice while the sad aura around her slowly disappeared. Naru. On the other hand, just stare at her in a suspicious manner before ignoring her.

‘What happened to her?’ Naru was about to ask her this but what comes from his mouth is totally different from what he wanted to ask. And instead of concern, he let out a dissatisfied groan making Mai furrow her eyebrows in anger.

“What are you still doing here?”

“You are really a jerk.” Mai commented as she stomped her feet in anger.

“You can just say what you want.” Naru nonchalantly said as he enjoy his tea in his seat like a king.

“I want a holiday. I have matters to attend to starting December 25 until the end of the month. I also wanna tell you in advance that I want a leave on Chinese Lunar New Year.” Mai answered before harrumphing at him.

“A holiday leave?” Naru asked as he stopped. She will be away for a few days. Naru wondered who will prepare his tea in those days. Well, guess he will be enduring the tea made by cafes then. He turned his gaze towards the young girl in front of him and heave a sigh.

“Okay.”

“Are you going home to celebrate Christmas with your family?” Mai asked in a curious tone without the annoyed voice she had earlier. Naru was a bit amused at the quick change in Mai’s expressions.

“Yes. Like you, Lin and I will be on a holiday starting December 25. We will be out of the country for a while.”

“Really?! When are you leaving?”

“Dec. 25, 2pm.”

“Whoah, I’ll also leave at 2pm in that day. But it’s Great! That means we have time to celebrate Christmas in the office! The others will be delighted. Ne, Naru, how does exchange gifts sounds?” Mai asked in an excited voice however, Naru’s expression is opposite to hers.

“No parties.”

“Naru, don’t be a grinch. Come on, the others will love this! Also, I will set up a Christmas tree in the office in the afternoon to liven up the mood!”

“No. if you want to celebrate, go find a church.”

Mai stiffened as Naru’s answer made her recount her dream and her strange melancholic feeling after that. Naru noticed her abnormalities but Mai shook her head to erased the feeling even before Naru ask what is wrong.