Chapter 25

Mai and Yasu gathered the students according to the events they experienced. They didn’t expect the large number of the student that came to the base one after the other. They were bombarded with so many psychic phenomena that made them feel like dejavu. They experienced the same event when they were just in the first day of investigation in their previous school case.

Mai sighed as she organize all the information that they gathered in their first day while Bou-san and Naru check out Yasu’s classroom. It is said that there is a strange odor permitting in that classroom. Yasu said that they did their best to search for the source of that odor but they failed to locate it. He also said that they hired professionals to handle it but they had failed numerous times.

They came back after an hour and said that they students are doing Ouija boarding as a pastime.  They called it Orikiri-sama. Bou-san got angry and forbid them from doing Ouija boarding and learned that almost 80% of the students did the same thing.

This fact gave Bou-san a headache and was moping after reaching the base. Yasu came after them and gave them a report of those who did Orikiri-sama. Naru, who is looking outside, suddenly spoke.

“How many schools do you think practice Ouija Boarding? I really don’t get the reason why this school is the only one that become like this.”

“Spirits are not things an amateur can easily summon. Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to summon floating spirit by Ouija Boarding, I would assume that some of these spirits may be powerful enough to harm someone and I find it unusual that there are so many spirits inhabiting one place.” Naru explained while looking at the white board that have the list of places that are said to be haunted.

The room went silent for a while as they look at the board with a sigh. Mai look outside for a while and decided to make some tea.

“I have a question, can a person really summon spirits by Ouija Boarding?” Yasu asked them while looking at the folder he brought.

“Yeah, if you’re a psychic.” Bou-san answered as he turn his head to the young lad.

“Is that so? How about the belief that the spirit summoned by Ouija Boarding can give you information about the future?” Yasu asked, making Mai look at him because this question remind her of Mr. Guardian.

Mr. Guardian had not made her see dreams of the future but he made her see visions that her body did not see or experience. He also made her witness or experience what happened in the past and live it through her dreams or astral projection. She had dreams like that before but she can differentiate what dreams did he made her see and what dreams that her sensors delivered to her.

“Many people think that spirits know everything but let me ask you a question; if Mai died, do you think she’d know the future or will be able to read minds?” Naru answered looking at the young lad, who just asked the question.

“Not at all.”

“Basically, I think the only things spirits know better than humans are about their death and the world that comes after death.” Naru continued while Mai stared at his lifeless eyes. But instead of asking if he is okay, her mouth asked the question that she have after hearing Yasu’s first question.

“But what if the spirit have ESP when she/he was still alive? What if that spirit still have that ability after she/he died? Can the spirit tell you what the future hold or what happened in the past through visions or Ouija Boarding?” Mai asked making Naru stood frozen on his feet.

Silence reign after she asked that question. Mai patiently wait as she stared at Naru. She noticed his little action and was confused why he seem so shock. The others also waited for him to answer as Naru forced himself to calm down.