Chapter 35

A/N: This chapter is the last part of the Date Arc. I hope you enjoy. Please always stay safe and take care of yourself. It's a very special day for me so I'll update the last chapter of this arc.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

"Hey, keep this a secret okay?" Mai seriously said as she glare at Naru. Her head was still leaning on his right shoulder.

"What? That you look ridiculous when you cry? Or that you smeared snots  and all over my shirt?" Naru sarcastically asked while drying his shirt with Mai's clean handkerchief. His face is still the usual but Mai can feel his disgust while looking at his black couple shirt. Mai blushed and pinched his arm in embarrassment. Naru flinched but he didn't utter a sound in pain.

"What's the time?" Mai asked him since her phone is still with him. Naru took out the phone and opened it. It's the phone Masako gifted her last Christmas.

"Quarter to five." He answered before giving Mai her phone.

He doesn't like phones but he took it from her during the meeting to see the photos they took. Naru is pretty sure Mai can handle that couple so he let them handle it. But he also noticed that she broke down after the mention of her parents. He didn't know if it's because they were insulted but she reacted heavily after that. She did act coquettishly but her face shows how hurt she was.

"They had seen your face so I'm sure they'll investigate you. Especially when that woman took a liking of you. She was looking at you hungrily during the meeting you know?" Mai informed him with annoyance in her voice.

"That pervert is also looking at you." Naru informed her too but his tone is normal. They were both feeling annoyed whenever they think of that couple.

"Tsk. What a scum. But don't worry. They won't be able to bother you or investigate you since they'll be very busy after they returned to China." Mai said while sending a message to the butler and the lawyer. There is an uncanny smile pasted on her face and anyone would know she's planning evil.

Naru just hummed while nodding. He didn't mind Mai's mischievousness, in fact he find it cute. He knew Mai had already considered everything. Naru knew from the very beginning that Mai's intelligent in other areas. If not, he could just ask help from Lin and he would handle it. Mai took the bag and brought out the Black Jade box. Mai wasn't sure that Anthony Jiang would bring this but she was glad he did or else she would think of a way to get it again. Mai caressed the box before putting it into a special glass container.

"That was your purpose, right? You don't really care about the others." Naru suddenly said as he examine the box. It has no lock but it cannot opened. There are exquisite carvings around it and despite having black as the only colour, it was still beautiful. Naru didn't know why but he felt some familiarity with the black jade.

"This is one of my father's handmade crafts. Though he's a businessman like my mom, he's an artisan. As you can see, it was made of black jade. This box has a key but I'm still searching for it. Once I do, I will return it to its rightful place in England." Mai said to him with a smile on her face.

"Do you know where you could find it?" Naru asked but Mai shook her head.

"My father died when I was just five. And I didn't even know he made this craft until recently. And I'm thinking that my mother probably have this to that jerk because he's my fiance — former fiance now. As for the other craft, I don't know where did my father or mother put it. Even the butler, who knew about this craft, didn't know the other's location." Mai answered and carefully placed the glass in her backpack.