Chapter 18

"I would also like to confirm something with you, sensei. What school did you graduate from?" Naru asked looking at the highschool teacher.

"I graduated from a local university in my hometown."

"If I remember correctly, you're from Fukushima Prefecture, right?"

"That is right."

"You came to Tokyo for the first time after you become a teacher, correct?"

"That's correct." Ubusuna-sensei answered as the other two student beside her gasped. They thought that since Ubusuna-sensei graduated from Yuasa Highschool, but it seems that they are wrong.

The others are confused as to why Naru keep on asking these kind of questions but Mai knew clearly why and was watching the show with excitement.

"I've got it now. Thank you for your help. I think I can solve the mystery of the problems happening at your school." Naru said while closing his notebook.

Everyone were surprised by the announcement. Naru sighed and continue.

"I figured it out. It was a Zuso. More specifically, an Enmi, performed by using hitogatas. Which means we just need to get rid of the hitogatas. Then we need to continue the hexer to stop the Zuso."

"What is the supposed to mean? The reason you called us here is because you're trying to say that I'm the Hexer?!" Kasai-san said losing her temper.

"No./No." Two immediate answer replied to her.

Naru look at Mai who said the same thing as him at the same time. She is smiling gently and there is a hint of sympathy in her eyes. Naru subconsciously grinned as he let Mai takes the stage.

"Kasai-san, you're innocent. I have told you that a hundred times." Mai patiently said to the anxious youth.

Kasai-san calmed herself and was touched by Mai's statement as she tried not to cry. Mai have been believing her but she was anxious because other people think otherwise.

"The hexer is..... Ms. Kei Ubusuna." Mai announced looking at the said teacher.

"Good job on finding that out, Mai." Naru said while grinning, showing that he had the same thing in mind.

"Thanks!" Mai said and smiled.

"What?!" The two other students gasped in surprise.

"No way!"

"What do you mean? Mai? Naru?" Bou-san asked, also confused at what she said.

Naru withdrawed his grin and went back to business.

"We have burned the hitogatas. Sensei, you made those hitogatas, correct?"

"...... What are you talking about?" The teacher asked keeping her calm facade.

Mai is sure that the teacher is also surprised but she is still calm and smiling even after being discovered.

"We gathered all the items for the Zuso. If you have other Zuso items that you used, please let me know." Naru said ignoring the teacher's feign.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"And please promise me you'll never do this again."

"I am not the hexer." Ubusuna-sensei answered with a smile.

"Yes, you are." Naru patiently answered.

Mai saw that smile on that woman's face and took a seat beside Naru's bed. She put her laptop and paper's beside Naru's blanket covered leg and beckoned Lin to her. Lin Koujo leaned towards Mai as she covered the side of her lips while whispering something to him. Lin's stoic face darkened a bit when Mai told him to watch the flower bouquet in Ubusuna-sensei's hand.