Chapter 48: The Final Arc (05)

A/N: It's been a long time! Hehe. How are you all? Are you doing good? Be sure to smile to brighten up the mood, okay? But not all the time, the psychiatrist might give you some meds. Just kidding! I hope you enjoy this chapter! I am very sorry I updated so late. I got stuck because of this damnable writer's block! Of all times! Ugh! And the Fanfic's ending to... T_T.

By the way, I updated my other fanfic, <I Just Wanna Spend Money, Why are Ghosts Following Me?!>. Please read it! Thank you!

And..

H

APPY BIRTHDAY, MADOKA MORI! (August 16).Come to think of it, it's also my little aunt's birthday on the same day! Yay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you two!! Yay! Celebrate! Thank God this chapter is a bit long. Tee-hee.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

FINAL ARC: The Memoir of the Forgotten Music Box (05)

-oOo-

"How dare he!" Luella screamed at the top of her lungs as soon as she heard Lin's report.

"We had been giving him updates about the twins but this is how he repay us?! We have been mourning for Gene for several months and he didn't tell us that OUR son is still alive?! How could he.... Gene... My goodness... I thought one of my babies are really gone.... Thank God....waaah... I t-thought he's gone...waaaah....."

Martin watched as his ever carefree and cheerful wife changed into a whole different person as she gets angry. But that angry tone soon become mellow as she kneeled and cried thanking God over and over again. Her cry is filled with relief knowing that their son is still alive. Martin also wiped his tears and went to hug his wife. That very day, they booked a ticket to Japan and pack their things right away. Whether Gene is conscious or not, they'll going to be by his side.

Of course, the two of them are angry at Jeffery Griffith for what he had done. And they're not willing to forgive him that easily. They had not restricted him in seeing the twins and they had even sent him videos and photos of them. They knew he is their flesh and blood but the twins also gave them a chance to be their parents and the Davis Couple couldn't bear to give them away. So the act of not telling them what happened to Gene by Jeffery Griffith infuriated them. He didn't know what they had felt when Noll told them he witnessed his brother die.

It feels like something is taking a piece of flesh from their hearts. The boy they had raised and love was gone just like that. And he was still young. Martin, especially Luella, almost went insane by the news. Their children are the lights of their life and they couldn't imagine a world without meeting them. And without one of the lights, it had become dark and cold and their other light also keep on dimming without the other. Of course this sight pains both of them. So this positive news brings hope and happiness to them.

-oOo-

The heart monitor rang loudly as the doctors surround the hospital bed. The defibrillator on the doctor's hand are repeatedly touch the patient's bare chest to restore the rhythm of his heart. The murmurs coming from the doctors made the SPR and the Griffith Family nervous as they watch on the side.

Mai, Lin and Bou-san arrived that morning. They returned as soon as they settle their matters in Tokyo. They didn't even take a rest and come straight to the hospital. Mai was about to show the Black Jade Box to Naru when the machines around Gene suddenly started ringing loudly, alarming them of the patient's abrupt critical condition.