Chapter-13 CHOICE

Siddharth's POV

Vimal sir arranged seats according to him. Only I, Avneet, Rajat and Sophia were left. I so wanted to sit with her, to apologize. Of course!!

"Sir, I'll sit with Avneet!" I said. Everybody looked at me including Avneet and Vimal sir.

"Sir, I'm helping Avneet in mathematics, so it'll be easy if we sit together. That's what I was saying."

"Wait! I am helping Avneet in mathematics! Not you, so I will sit with her." Rajat spoke. I wish to kill him but can't. Meet me after college, I'll teach you maths. I glared at him and saw Avneet was not at all interested in all these mess.

"Yeah Siddharth! You sit with me and she'll sit with him, simple!!"It was Sophia this time. I just ignored her.

"Stop it guys!" Vimal Paan Masala sir screamed. "Avneet tell me with whom you want to sit. Siddharth or Rajat?" he completed.

Avneet looked, actually glared at me and then said,"Sir, Rajat!"

Shitt!!

"Bu–" I couldn't complete my word because of Paan Masala.

"Siddharth now get seated with Sophia over there." I just stormed to the desk and later realized that Avneet is sitting in front of me, at least!

Why do I want to sit with her?

She's angry with me!

That's it?

Of course! What else? She was never so angry that she stopped talking to me. No No, once she was very angry in childhood, she had not talked to me for 3 days.

                     Flashback

Avneet was standing in front of her house which was only 5 minutes far from their school. Siddharth told her to wait for him as always, so that they could go school together. He actually wasn't going to school that day. So, Siddharth being prankster thought to prank her. Avneet was very sincere student and never missed school unless it's an emergency. Siddharth had told her not to go without him. The school bell rang but Avneet waited for him even though the bell rang. Avneet's mom was a highschool teacher and her school was different and little far from avneet's. So it was only Avneet but that day Avneet missed her classes and got scolded by her mom and teachers. She also cried. He couldn't see her like that so he tried to apologize but she was stubborn as hell. He tried every possible way to persuade her but all in vain. From then Avneet didn't really like him. Even after that, Siddharth used to prank Avneet a little, but he used to take special care that Avneet should not be harmed and there should be no problems. Of course Avneet didn't see that, so she wanted to get rid of him and his pranks.
____________________________________

"Avneet!" I called her, but she ignored me. "Avneet!!" I again called her.

"Kya hai?" She bursted in anger.

"Abhi tak ghussa ho kya?"

"Nahi, main toh bohot khush hoon. Itni jyaada khush hoon ki ye khushi mujhse handle nahi ho rahi. Help kardoge meri, khusiya baatne mein?!" She said sarcastically.

"Sidneet!! I mean Siddharth and Avneet! Why are you making noise? Want to go out?" Paan Masala screamed. I just ignored him.

"Suno toh"

"Nahi sunna"

"You both get out, Now!!" Sir shouted.

"Tumse to baat hi nahi karni hai mujhe!" And then she got out of the classroom. I too got out.

I wish there was no division in our class, so I could get some advice from Darsheel. What advice would he give?  He only thinks about Anushka all day along. Anyway, I do not need any help. I have known her since childhood and I will convince her anyhow.

"Avneet tumhe yaad hai, ekbaar tumne mujhe apne geometry box me rakhe huwe saare toffees dediye the kyuki main bhookha tha?!" I initiated the conversation.

"Kuch yaad nahi hai mujhe!" She said sternly.

"Avneet tumne bataaya nahi tumhari yaadast chali gayi hai, tabhi main sochu ki meri Avneet aise behave kyu kar'rahi hai!" She looked at me and I realized what I've just said. We had an eyelock of mere seconds.

"I mean meri d-dost Avneet!" She diverted her eyes from me. I thought what I should say now to speak with her.

"Tumhe Rajni yaad hai? Pata hai uske dadaji ke paas kya tha?!" She rolled her eyes.

"Sher ka dil and a lifetime ban from the National Zoo." I joked. She smiled but hide it quickly. Yess she smiled!!

Ladki hasi toh phasi!!

"Tum hasi na!" I looked at her.

"Tum abhi hasi, right?"

"Main nai hasi" She said faking stern face.
"Of course tum hasi ho!"
"Maine bola na main nai hasi! Mera dimag jyaada khaarab mat karo Aashu!!" She bursted angrily.

"Aayee Hayee Hayee!! Aashu!!!! Tumhare muh se ye jo lafz nikalta hai na, ghusse mein, bohot achha lagta hai. Kasam se Muskaan!" I said and her mouth opened wide open. Don't know how long it had been, she called me with my nickname and I called with her nickname.

"Bandar ke bachhe tum maar khaake hi maanoge na aaj, ruko tum!" I ran through the hallway being chased by Avneet. Looks like it's working. I'll fully convince you Ms Avneet Kaur!!

Comment and vote!
Any flaws? Do suggest if there is anything you want to change.
See you soon🥰

Love,
Reejan❣️