Trial and Error

-Your POV-
Weeks had gone by. My mind felt like it was being torn apart. Ebony Maw kept messing with my mind as Thanos began talking about some sceptre.

I knew Loki's state of mind was weak. Mine had become weak too but not as much. Even though his state of mind was weak, Loki told me about his past. He talked about Asgard and his family there. I felt guilty that I hadn't known Loki beforehand as his childhood sounded terrible and lonely. Craving for praise and admiration from his father while none was ever delivered; his brother got all the love and attention as Loki lived in a shadow all his life. Despite this, I envied Loki for at least knowing and having a family since I never really knew my parents.

I need to stop reminiscing on the past and figure a way out of here.

I started to think of possible ways to escape. Some of my plans seemed to play out well in my head, given some worst case scenarios. However, half of them only ended up with me escaping—without Loki.

I mentally rolled my eyes in aggravation as I wanted to escape with Loki. I had to. I couldn't just leave him here. Even if there is a small chance of success in the escape plan, I'll take my chances if it means we can both escape. He had been here for me more than anyone I've ever known. He actually saw me as something more than a tool; something more than a person to experiment on and observe. Though I was born with my powers, I just so happened to get caught and taken away.

I was too young to understand what was happening back then anyway. I didn't remember anything before the lab. It was all a blur in my mind, but I didn't care. None of it was any use to me whatsoever.

-Loki's POV-
Two days went by after another time of cleaning Lorna's wounds. I had realised she seemed caught up in her own thoughts, I decided that it probably wasn't any of my business. Not my place to ask.

I knew it would be around two or three more days until the sessions would start again and I already felt exhausted just thinking about it. I wondered if I would ever get out of this damn ship.

Would Lorna and I be able to escape one day?

I knew that it most likely wouldn't happen since this room kept me bound here. I was too weak in here.

"Loki," Lorna almost whispered as I looked down at her.

She was sitting next to me against the wall with her head leaning against my shoulder.

"Hm?"

"I've been thinking about something lately," she stated.

I chuckled, "I could tell. Now tell me, if you don't mind. What has been on your mind?"

"What if we could escape?"

I held my breath for a second, processing her words. "What?"

"What if I said I may have found a way for us to escape?" Lorna rephrased.

"I-" I paused, running my fingers through my hair. I took in a deep breath and sighed, "I can't escape. You know I'm too weak. But by all means if you can escape please leave me."

Lorna's eyes widened. She straightened herself, turning her head towards me as she looked me in the eye.

"I'm not leaving here without you! I will use all my strength to rip this collar off and break down these walls if I have to. I don't care what I have to do, there's no way in hell I will leave you here!"

I thought about Lorna's words while leaning my head back against the wall. I was staring at the ceiling, contemplating. Though, it took almost all day to convince me, I decided to go along with Lorna's plan.