Mission

-Loki's POV-
Lorna and I stood in the throne room with the Black Order here. A clothed armoured figure kneeled before Thanos' throne; the figure was known as the Other.

"The tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world. A human world. They would wield its power," the Other spoke as he held out the sceptre.

Lorna and I came out from the shadows as I took the staff.

The Other stayed kneeling as he continued, "But our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead. And our force, our Chitauri, will follow."

Glancing around the throne room revealed the thousands of Chitauri that were awaiting orders.

"The world will be his. The universe, yours. And the humans," the Other paused, "what can they do but burn?"

Thanos asked for the sceptre for a second as I handed it to him. He placed the tip of the sceptre against my chest as my mind and thoughts felt like they were being overrun with other thoughts. I was curious as to why Thanos was using the sceptre on me again.

Guess it's for safe measures.

Thanos did the same thing for Lorna as her right eye changed to a bright blue colour.

Do my eyes look like that?

I ignored it as Thanos dismissed us.

~

I took Lorna and myself to a different dimension so I could get a clear view of the Earthly plane. There, we watched carefully of the Tesseract's whereabouts. I recognised someone.

Dr. Erik Selvig.

I knew it would be easy manipulating him as I influenced him with my thoughts; to try and test the Tesseract's power. Lorna observed the people around, quickly figuring out people's names that she thought were important.

Lorna wanted me to call her Polaris for the time we were on the mission as she didn't want others to know her real name. I agreed to her request while mentioning we might need to get more bandages when we arrived on Midgard. We were about to leave when I looked at Lorna.

"Polaris," I said as Lorna looked up at me.

She just hummed in response.

"When we get to the facility, don't use your abilities."

"Why?" Lorna asked confused.

"Because you are still injured. Also, if it's needed, since most of these humans don't know about your abilities, it would give us an advantage. It would be better for now. I plan on letting you use them, but not for now as it will be a surprise for them."

-Third Person POV-
Within a S.H.I.E.L.D facility in New Mexico, everyone was evacuating either by helicopters or vehicles. However, one helicopter landed, dropping off Agent Maria Hill and Nick Fury while Agent Phil Coulson was waiting for their arrival.

Fury stepped into the facility, asking, "How bad is it?"

"That's the problem sir. We don't know," Agent Coulson replied.

They walked around the facility, passing by fleeing technicians and scientists as they were only taking essential equipment.

Agent Coulson explained, "Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract about four hours ago."

"NASA didn't authorise Selvig to test phase?" Fury questioned.

"He wasn't testing it," Agent Coulson explained, "he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement."