Bombs Away

-Your POV-
[Earlier]
The rest of the civilians were able to get out of the bus as I turned around. Agent Barton had grabbed the sceptre, pointing it at me. He asked me why I had helped the people as I could sense his suspicion.

I didn't respond until my ears started ringing. It was the Other's voice.

"What do you think you're doing?!" the Other spat inside my mind.

My ears began ringing louder as I closed my eyes, wincing in pain.

"Resist the sceptre and you will find yourself no longer an ally to Thanos! You can run to different worlds, different realms, you could even run to the other side of the galaxy and he will still find you!"

Shut up! Leave me alone!

"Maybe the sceptre's influence needs to be stronger!" the Other shouted as I felt like I was losing control of myself.

Stop! Get out!

I felt the influence of the sceptre become stronger on my mind as I closed my eyes and screamed in pain.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

I felt like my entire mind was shut down and manipulated by someone or something else. I no longer cared about feeling guilty about anything. I wanted revenge more than anything right now as I craved to hear the sounds of people screaming in fear, to see the fear on humans' faces as they got put in there place when it comes to hierarchy of power. They will know damn well not to mess with any mutants.

I turned and looked at Agent Barton as I held my hand out. My abilities tugged the sceptre out of Barton's grasp, placing itself within my own hand.

Walking away, I could hear Agent Barton's attempt to run after me. Before he could reach me, I used my abilities to move a few cars behind me to block him.

~

I began jumping through windows into building after building, making the buildings collapse one after another. Some buildings still had people inside as I didn't care whether they got injured or killed. I just continued to destroy multiple buildings, feeling relieved to hear screams of people as they were on the verge of death.

I walked inside a building as there were two people inside. A man and a woman. Business people really—or so I thought.

The man and woman looked enraged as they were supposedly pissed off that I was a part of this whole "destroying New York" fiasco. I just laughed before pointing the sceptre at them.

To my surprise, the woman pulled out a knife as she looked ready to fight me.

I yanked my hand forward, expecting the knife to come to me. But it didn't.

What?

"The knife isn't metal," the woman stated, walking towards me.

"That's a shame," I pouted sarcastically.

I glanced over her, head to toe to see if she had anything metal on her. I found out she did not as I mentally huffed in aggravation.

The woman ran up to me as I blocked her blow with ease. She swung the knife towards my neck, causing me to tilt my head to the side while I dodged the knife. However, the woman quickly retracted the knife and went for my leg. Using the sceptre for support, I jumped and push kicked her. She stumbled backwards but caught herself before falling.

I felt a blade against my throat as I glanced to the side, seeing the man's shadow. He was standing behind me.

"You two are S.H.I.E.L.D agents," I said, curious as to why two agents were just casually working inside a business building.