The Plan

-Loki's POV-
The cell dropped from the sky as Agent Coulson spoke. He told me that I would lose, that Lorna and I would lose this fight. I scoffed as I turned around, going to help Lorna up.

The foolish agent fired at me again as I got hit and pushed through a wall. I was generally just in shock, sitting up on my elbows. I found it amusing that the agent was still attempting to fight.

He is literally a step away from death's door-

I heard Lorna yell, causing me to quickly get up. I ran to her, seeing Agent Coulson had fired at her again. She got hit in her lower right leg. The blast had burned through where she got hit as a burn was visible. Out of anger, Lorna used her left hand, summoning her abilities. She clenched her hand into a fist as the weapon Agent Coulson had got instantly crushed. The agent dropped the weapon in disbelief.

"What? You never seen a mutant use their abilities before?" Lorna snapped at the agent.

Fury ran into the room, running towards Agent Coulson. He pulled out something and applied pressure to where I stabbed the man. Fury kept telling the agent to stay with him while proceeding to use a device to call for a medical team. Fury was too busy trying to help the dying agent as he didn't pay any attention to Lorna and me. I took this chance to get out.

I helped Lorna up but she hissed in pain, her body pulling itself back down to get weight off of her injured leg. I knew she wouldn't be able to run as Fury turned his head towards us. I realised the agent had just exhaled his last breath, giving an obvious sign he was dead.

I picked Lorna up after noticing Fury pulling out his gun. I didn't want Lorna to get injured more than she already was nor does Lorna need to use up any more energy for the moment.

I held her against me, her legs wrapped around my waist. I had her in front of me, one arm supporting her back while the other was cradling her head against my shoulder. I quickly turned my back to Fury as he shot in my direction. As expected, the bullets didn't penetrate my armour or skin. Lorna loosely wrapped her arms around my neck as I ran.

Lorna told me to stop. I obliged. She held out her hand as I was confused. That was until I heard a metal clasp. She used her abilities to make to sceptre come to her. She held on the sceptre as I made it to the top of the ship. Just as I expected, one of the other controlled agents had a helicopter waiting.

I carefully placed Lorna into the helicopter before jumping inside. I heard gunshots as a few other agents were firing at the helicopter. Of course, the bullets didn't damage the helicopter as we flew off.

Lorna groaned in pain as I looked at her burn. I knew that the magic I lent her had worn off a while back. She wouldn't have been affected if not. I lent her some of my magic again, giving her the same skills as beforehand. Lorna thanked me as her burn mark was quickly healing itself.

"Where are heading?" Lorna asked.

"We are heading to New York, Dr. Selvig should be getting the Tesseract prepared for the Chitauri."

Lorna nodded her head before continuing on with her questions. She asked me what I had planned once we arrive in New York. I explained that Fury's team would most likely show up. She understood we would have to fight again as she was excited. She would get to use her abilities to her heart's content; no restrictions or rules on how much she can use.

~

New York came into view as my eye was focused on Stark's tower. I smirked to myself as Lorna turned to me with the same devious smirk on her face as well. We both were thinking of the same idea.