Imminent Imposter

Start from the beginning

"Kay!" She yelled back.

I looked at Liz as she yelled.

"Not you." She chuckled and reached the bottom floor.

Eventually Sugu and Silica walked past me when I noticed that Kirito and Asuna were still talking together where the group met.

"Hey, Kirito!" I called to him.

He looked and I beckoned for him to come over. He peeked back at Asuna for a second before slipping away to meet with me.

"What's up, K?" Kirito asked.

"Can you stand at the centre pillar there? Shino and I had to split and I know you two are speculating who the imposter is. Unfortunately, we just can't have that right now until the scan is successfully complete." I explained.

"How long is that gonna take?" He asked.

"Just a few seconds, but our main priority should be to find out who it is." I informed.

"Alright. Just let me know when it's done." Kirito asked.

"I will." I nodded as he walked away.

"Everyone ready?" I asked on comms.

"Ready!" They all answered.

"Alright. Initiating-" I was cut off by a sudden scream downstairs.

"What was that??" I asked on comms.

"We gotta check it out!" Kirito rushed ahead.

"It's Klein, he..." Sugu froze on the comms.

We all collected and went down after him only to find Klein's dead body cut completely in half before everyone.

"K-Klein..." Kirito was frozen.

In that moment, Agil stepped out panicked from the room and paused in sadness when he saw the body.

"What happened, Agil?" Kirito asked.

"I was just with him, and he said he was going to check on Liz. He ran off suddenly and I was trying to find him." He explained.

"Liz?" Kirito turned to her.

"Huh? I was just on the couch." She admitted.

"Not searching?" He asked.

"Oh... no, I guess not." Liz shrugged.

"And you just so happen not to know much about this body?" Kirito persisted.

"I don't know anything about it." She shook her head.

"Why aren't you taking this seriously? Klein is dead and all you can think about is the couch?" Kirito confronted.

"I was over there relaxing. I don't know what else you want me to say." Liz pointed.

"It's gotta be her." Kirito concluded.

"Wait, she has a point. Liz would definitely lounge around even when something important was to be done." Sugu tried to cover her.

"I dunno, Sugu. The Liz I know would have been helping until the task was done." Kirito pointed his Photon Sword to her.

"Even so, what if you're wrong?" Sugu asked and Kirito clenched his handle.

"Then we'll just keep trying until we're right! I'm sure the others will understand, we just need to end this game already!" He shouted.

"So if Liz was the last person he went to see, could it have been possible for anyone else to have seen him before he died?" Asuna tried to figure it out.