Chapter 30- He's.....Comely

Start from the beginning

" Do you know him?" He asked after a brief silence.

" Obviously not that much, that's why we're going out." Ciarra tells him.

" Okay...no problem. See you in class tomorrow then?" Kobby agrees so he doesn't seem like an overprotective boyfriend. But she going out with him was a big problem to him.

" Sure, bye." She says and walks away towards Fedes. He smiled when he saw her and that literally ripped Kobby's heart out. After a few words, he leads the way out of the room.

" Oh lord have mercy." Samed sung, " Guys check his heartbeat."

Benard placed a hand on Kobby's chest and he quickly slapped his hands away.

" Charley, this one ibi hundred beats per minute." Benard cracks up laughing in the pidgin language most of the boys in the school had adopted.

" Kobby, shun, shun." Anel advises him, " Don't think about it."

They could all tell he was hurt by how he was standing still and quietly.

" Don't say anything, if you have anything to say put it into a song." Anel tells him since they could clearly see he was short of words.

" Guys, I have just turned Ciarra into someone else!" Kobby gasps then turns to Anel," But still I'll sing the song. You guys go be background acapella for this song."

" Don't worry, just start." Benard assures him whiles the others laugh in the empty church auditorium.

" The way I dey love you nerr

Nobody go fi love you like I do
Odo aa me do wo deɛ
Dem dey talk say you do me Juju

The way I dey love you nerr
Nobody go fi love you like I do
Odo aa me do wo deɛ
Dem dey talk say you do me Juju

so whatever go happen ee (Ohemaa)
Meni wo aa na ɛko oo (Ohemaa)
Whatever go happen ee (Ohemaa)
Meni wo aa na ɛko oo (Ohemaa)
You bi my alomo oo (Ohemaa)
Meni wo aa na ɛko oo (Ohemaa)
You bi my alomo oo (Ohemaa)
Meni wo aa na ɛko oo (Ohemaa).

OoO

The Café felt warmer and cozier because of the cold outside and the smell of freshly baked goodies didn't escape anyone present's notice.

Fedes chose a booth further back from where she and her friends usually sat to prevent drawing undue attention. He was so sweet and easy to talk to because he always had a question or a thought in mind that always seemed to keep a conversation going.

Calvin smiled their way especially at Ciarra as he approached their table. Veronica had earlier given her a note to him, informing him that she wouldn't be able to meet him that Tuesday because of a punishment she was still not done with but instead they could meet up on Thursday Eve.

" Cocoa, you?" Fedes asks her.

" Decaf." She replies and slipped him the folded envelope with a wink to which he grinned before leaving, " You're not into coffee, are you?"

" Surprisingly no, I can't take the rush. I prefer to do things with the adrenaline rush I already have instead. You didn't order for whipped cream or creamer?."