Chapter 25- Exasperated

People get confused sometimes so that's the eye colour I have been referring to.

Blackpink- Whistle.

He ran a hand through her hair, it felt wet and glossy. He didn't know what really goes on in his own heart whenever he was with her, he felt accepted and real. Unlike when he's with others, he doesn't need to put on a fake expression or make himself feel good when he's not. With her, he could be his weakest self and he knew she wouldn't judge because she had this way of understanding him that even his own relatives didn't have.

She felt his erratic heartbeat against her temple as if  he had willed for the time he'd be this close to her again and the close proximity was starting to get to her head.

It felt good to have someone who knew you better than you knew yourself. And it was tempting to be around people like Kobby, they are able to make you feel exceptionally special in an eccentric way. Even she could not draw out the sense of her attraction to him, and she was a very intuitive person.

The lights flash back on and illuminated the dim classroom.

" Hey, did you put some sort of gel in your hair?" He observes.

" I had the fashion show today and you weren't there." She says in an accusatory tone taking a step back from him.

" It was today?, I'm so sorry." He apologizes, " But you guys won, right?"

" Definitely, and even if you missed it, it will be posted on the school's blog so you can watch it later." She says then takes a quick glance around the classroom,
" Let's finish this so I can dry my hair, I'm pretty sure I'll be catching a cold in an hour."

" You really should, I'll help." He offers with a gallant smile as she moved on to the next table and pulled another strip of sticky tape over the piece of paper.

" You sure are full of yourself, now you think you're a stylist?"

And she knew he could be because let's face the fact, the Johnson's are literally good at anything they put their mind to except when it came to sticking to their women.

" You'll see." He smirks.

They were done by the time the rain seemed to have subsided, except for the persistent crunchy pattering on the roof.

" What is that sound exactly?" Ciarra asks out of curiosity as she plugged in her hot comb and hugged herself because she still felt chilly from the gastly breeze coming from outside.

" It's sleet." He announced as he sat in Leslie's seat on the last row.

" There's sleet in Sub Saharan Africa?" Ciarra wonders, " I thought this place was tropical."

" Yes, mostly, but then areas with higher altitude have an alteration. The school is in a mountainous region and on one of the highest hills. It's not surprising." He elucidates as he left his seat and walked towards her.

She flipped the switch on and pressed on a button on its handle and handed it to him.

He was probably the softest hair stylist ever. She begun to wonder if he was even doing anything to her hair because he run it through her hair in subtle ways such that she couldn't really feel the hotness of the comb. It was a nice way of destracting you so you wouldn't know when it was finally done. After, she unplugged it and replaced it with a curling wand, this time she gave him a stern warning, " If you burn me, I swear I will curl your ear with it's hot plates!"

Feeling intimidated, Kobby couldn't help but cower, " Yes ma'am."

He managed to straighten out her jet black her without getting her to complain. Satisfied with his work, he flipped the switch off.